Dogs can have digestive disorders. Innocuous-looking symptoms can mean serious illness. Once the diagnosis is confirmed, the best remedy is gastro intestinal food for dogs.
If any of the following symptoms occur, you should take your dog to the veterinarian:
- Severe loss of appetite, up to and including refusal to eat for 24 hours;
- Constipation and difficulty emptying the bowels;
- presence of traces of blood in the stool;
- bloating of the abdomen;
- Increased body temperature.
With inflammation of the digestive system, dogs become passive
Important! In the absence of timely treatment, pathological abnormalities in the gastrointestinal tract may occur.
The severe condition may be caused by a dangerous infection, which can only be diagnosed by an experienced specialist. Do not hesitate to go to the veterinary clinic.
At the treatment facility, the dog will be examined, take tests, make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment. Sometimes it is enough to change the diet, and in some cases, serious therapy or surgery will be required.
The basic steps in treating digestive problems with a diet are:
- Abstaining from food for a day with increased consumption of drinking water. Starvation relieves and improves gastrointestinal function;
- Eliminating difficult-to-digest, unhealthy foods from your diet. This category includes: fatty meat, cartilage, tendons, bones, grains, fish, eggs;
- Reducing portions, dividing the daily volume into several meals. Fractional meals reduce the load on the digestive system and helps to restore its proper work;
- Selection of a special dietary food.
A veterinarian will choose a type of food that’s easily digested by a weakened body, its dosage based on the breed, age and weight of the dog. Your veterinarian will recommend a gradual transition to this type of food, which should be maintained for 2-3 months. Dietary super-premium foods are produced by manufacturers: Royal Kanin, Proplan and Farmina.
Indications for the use of therapeutic food are:
- acute and chronic diarrhea;
- inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract;
- poor food digestion;
- recovery from illnesses or operations;
- Exocrine insufficiency in the pancreas;
- abnormal weight loss.
After the improvement of health, the veterinarian will issue recommendations for further action and select a suitable diet.
As with medications, the Royal Kanin Gastrointestinal diet is not indicated for all dogs. Although it is the most gentle method of treatment, there are still certain limitations. If a pet has one of the following diseases, another type of therapy will have to be chosen:
- pancreatitis (considered even previously suffered);
- hepatic encephalopathy;
- diseases in which high-calorie foods cannot be consumed.
Attention! When you go to the clinic, you should tell the staff about any previous illnesses your dog has had. This will help the veterinarian find an effective treatment.
Royal Canin produces a high-quality therapeutic diet for dogs. The company develops therapeutic foods based on sound science and empirical studies, as well as recommendations from nutritionists. Products in this category are grouped into Veterinary diet ranges and are suitable for consumption after prescription by specialists.
The therapeutic foods for dogs are formulated on the basis of scientific studies and expert recommendations.
The high energy content of Gastro Intestinal for dogs means that the food intake is reduced. This reduces the strain on the gastrointestinal organs.
Please note! High nutritional value accelerates recovery processes and helps to gain weight lost during starvation and purification of the body.
Benefits of Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal canine
The Gastro Intestinal line of food Chewy for dogs includes two types: Royal Canin GI 25 (dry) and Royal Canin Canine Wet (wet). The first is packaged in plastic bags with reusable clasps, which allows the product to be stored for a long time. Wet food is available in soft packs or in tins.
Royal Canin gastro intestinal wet dog food
In addition, the dietary food Royal Canin GastroIntestinal Low Fat has been developed for dogs suffering from pancreatitis in acute or chronic form. It is low in fat (low fat), thereby reducing the burden on the pancreas. It is also suitable for pets with exudative enteropathy.
The ingredients in the Intestinal dog food exclude the possibility of nutritional risks and protect the digestive system of the animal. The main groups of ingredients contained in this diet are:
- Mannan oligosaccharides (MOS). A special type of fiber. The carbohydrates it contains stop the spread of pathogens in the intestines. This stops diarrhea, helps with digestion, and strengthens local immunity;
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS). Help maintain healthy intestinal bacteria, prevent indigestion, improve calcium absorption;
- antioxidant complex with vitamins E, D and fatty acids. Destroys free radicals, strengthens the overall immune system, strengthens the cardiovascular and digestive systems;
- Protein and fiber. The combination of dietary poultry and salmon meat with beet pulp forms a nutritious, easily digestible mass;
- micro- and macronutrients.
They improve metabolism and increase the synthesis of new cells. Contained in the feed in chelated form, which facilitates digestion. The combination of carbohydrates from both oligosaccharide groups forms a prebiotic complex, which favors the reproduction of the beneficial bacteria.
Additional Information! Due to the natural ingredients, the canned food creates an appetite even for finicky animals.
Super premium gastro intestinal wet food for dogs
Benefits of Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal Junior
A specially formulated, super-premium diet for puppies up to 1 year of age. A specially formulated diet that is optimally balanced for the growth and development of your little ones. It contains high quality ingredients. Also suitable for small-sized bitches (with body weight up to 25 kg) during the period from 6 to 9 weeks of pregnancy, during lactation, with digestive disorders and gastrointestinal tract pathologies.
Advantages of this type of food:
- made from natural meat of USA production;
- does not contain soy, artificial colors, flavors, GMOs;
- safe for the digestive system;
- allows you to reduce the portion size and the load on the gastrointestinal tract due to high caloric content;
- easy to soak in water, which leads to increased consumption of food;
- Ensures harmonious development of puppies.
To soak the food Kirkland use warm water (not hotter than 50 °C). Pour a small amount of liquid into the croquettes and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
Puppy food can be soaked in water for better absorption
Recommended daily ration and duration of treatment
The daily allowance of the therapeutic food depends on the size of the dog. In case of overweight, the portion size should be reduced, and in case of underweight, the portion size should be increased. If the dog simultaneously consumes dry and wet food, the amount of the latter is reduced.
Please note! The manufacturer’s recommendations for determining the daily ration are listed on the packaging. Usually the daily volume is divided into 2 times. But on the advice of the veterinarian, the portion volume can be reduced with an increase in the number of feedings.
The duration of the treatment course is determined by the doctor and depends on the severity of symptoms of gastrointestinal diseases.
The cost of the food depends on its type and package size. If you buy wet food in packs of 12, you will receive an additional discount.
0,21400 0,42500 ROYAL CANIN GASTRO INTESTINAL LOW FAT CANNED WET FOOD
In case of digestive disorders in pets, a therapeutic diet is the first remedy recommended by veterinarians. Royal Kanin Gastro Intestinal for dogs is one of the best diets designed to treat gastrointestinal problems. Customer reviews confirm the quality and effectiveness of this type of food.