In appearance, the scar is similar to a large bag. This hollow organ is the upper section of the cow stomach. Everything that the ungulates eats the first thing in this chamber of a fairly large volume. Inside, the organ is lined with peculiar bristles. The beef stomach can be gray, black, greenish – this parameter depends on the age of the cow and its feed base.
An unattractive appearance and repulsive smell of this Liver confuses only people, for dogs a scar is a treat. If we observe what parts of the carcasses the predators eat after hunting first of all, we will see that they begin their feast from the stomach and its contents. In this way, they manage to receive additional digestive enzymes and a portion of vitamins.
How valuable the scar is rich in? It includes:
- B vitamins B and PP;
- Ash compounds;
- Sodium and others.
As for the enzymes, not all of them can produce the dog’s body independently. This explains the thrust of the pets to eat excrement found on the street, any veterinarian will confirm this to you. To make up for enzymatic failure, animals and offer a scar for food.
The harm is required
Dogs with a healthy digestive system are easily digested in the right and boiled form. Veterinarians do not recommend giving a scar to a weakened animal.
Moreover, it is harmful to fry, salt or smoke the product.
Caring for a pet includes the organization of proper, full nutrition. The beef scar contains many trace elements and nutrients, so the inclusion of it in the diet of the dog will have a beneficial effect on its condition and health.
The scar in everyday life is called the requirements, is a part of the stomach of a cow or a bull. In terms of value, the scar is quite affordable, therefore it is popular with animal owners. Read about how to give the product to our smaller brothers correctly.
You can buy beef bay on the market, where they sell beef, pork, lamb.
Like any meat product designed to eat, the scar before cooking is recommended to thoroughly wash under warm running water, removing possible pollution, fatty residues from it. This will protect the dog from the ingress of helminths or other harmful substances into its body.
In what form the scar for sold is sold
Which stomach is better to purchase for dogs? In this part you have a choice. The scar is sold in its original form, or after cleaning. Of course, you will like the second option and smell more, but it is from villi and mucus of an unpeeled stomach that the dog acquires maximum benefit.
Industrialized method is cleaned in special drums:
- Previously, all the contents are removed from the stomach and washed thoroughly.
- Then it is immersed in a drum filled with hot steam. There, the product is processed with hot air and special discs for 30 minutes, which remove the stench film.
- After half an hour, snow-white pieces of product, absolutely deprived of smell, are taken out and packaged for further storage.
If the scar is not cleaned, this does not mean that it remains the remains of food or small pebbles swallowed by the cow, on it they simply retain the inner layer. The product can be immediately cut into portioned pieces and offered a pet.
Shotter for dogs
The beef scar is very useful for the dog. It replaces a bunch of drugs from a veterinary pharmacy. Let’s try to figure out how to cook this treat with a four-legged friend, and in what quantity to give.
What is a beef scar for dogs, a price where to buy, reviews, what is useful and harmful, beneficial properties
A scar is called a beef stomach. It is covered inside with brown villi, which produce enzymes for digesting grass.
Two types are sold: unprocessed and processed, cleaned of villi. The first is unpleasant in appearance with a sharp disgusting smell, but it is just that useful for the animal. The processed scar is clean and white, without a pungent odor.
The cost of 1 kilogram of an unpeeled scar on the market is from seventy to 90. It is usually not laid out on the counter, so you need to ask about the presence for sellers selling meat.
The owners who feed the dog with a scar from the age of five or six months say that this product replaces a huge number of medications and multivitamins. In addition to a full protein, the scar contains digestive enzymes, beneficial bacteria, a complex of vitamins and trace elements that the dog needs. In an animal who eats a raw scar, a beautiful shiny wool, excellent health and strong immunity.
How to process a fresh beef scar for dogs
Previously, a raw rubor for the dog must be processed: – rinse well;- divide into portions;- Remove in the freezer.
Before the dog eats a treat, it should lie in the freezer for three days. The frozen stomach is taken out of the freezer, poured with boiling water, cut into small pieces. When it cools, they give a dog with porridge, vegetables.
A dog for a dog recipe how to cook and give, at what age, stomach, how much time to cook
The puppies are fed by a scar for six months, watching well-being. If a new dish caused a disorder in the dog, temporarily to give it until it grows up.
It is advisable not to cook the scar, but to give raw forms, frozen for three days in the freezer. If you use cooking, then lower the scar into boiling water when it boils, they immediately turn it off.
A boiled scar is given with cereals, raw – with fresh vegetables. A fresh scar is cut into pieces of about two centimeters and mixed in a bowl with different vegetables: chopped white cabbage, grated with pumpkin or carrots, freshly chopped cucumber. Season the mixture with lean oil, add pieces of fresh meat (beef), scalded with boiling water.
Dogs for dogs as a treat in training
If the training takes place daily, then using the scar as a promotion during training will not work. It is often impossible to feed the dog with a scar.
Dogs for dogs contraindications, norm per day
The norm of beef scar per day is 100 grams per 10 kilograms of mass. It is given no more than two or four times a week, replacing one feeding with this dish.
Constantly feeding the scar is contraindicated, this can lead to a gastrointestinal disorder.
Dried dog for dogs or through a meat grinder
A dried handle from a pet store contains flashes instead of useful substances. It is useless for dogs, is just a toy for teeth.
In four months, puppies give a processed scar, finely chopped and electric or manually passed through a meat grinder. In the same form, you can give a scar to an old dog who no longer has teeth.
Add a comment to cancel the answer
Boiled or raw?
It is necessary to cook cow stomach or not, everyone determines for himself. Of course, in a raw product, all valuables are preserved as fully as possible. But at the same time there is a risk of infection with helminths.
- If you decide that you will feed the dog with a raw scar, it must first be frozen. Do not forget about the regular deworming of a four-legged friend.
- The boiled stomach is ideal for elderly dogs, which have problems with teeth, as well as young puppies up to a year with unstable digestion. Liver is not cooked entirely, but already divided into portions.
It is necessary to prepare a beef stomach in a separate bowl, the smell of manure is so stable that it is quite difficult to save a pan from it. Some spell the scar with boiling water from all sides and immediately take it out, other breeders drain the first water and boil the lyver for 5-10 minutes to certainly kill helminth eggs if they were in the stomach.
How much to give?
Starting from six months, puppies are introduced into the diet of a boiled scar. This saturates their body with potassium, magnesium, vitamins B and PP, phosphorus, calcium.
To navigate in the principles of feeding, follow the following recommendations:
- The stomach should not be a constant food product for animals, it should be given periodically. Frequent feeding by the scar lead to nausea, disorder.
- It is advised to give animal cowing the product once a day, in the morning or evening. Within a week, such techniques can be 2-4 times.
- The portion size is counted for 10 kg of weight 100 g of the scar.
- The age of the puppy should be more than 6 months.
The sizes of portions are best formed immediately, before freezing, so that it is convenient to get and immediately feed the pet.
Balus a four-legged friend with a delicious delicacy for him no more than 4 times in a week. A more frequent meal can adversely affect the digestive tract, since the products are quite fat, it can be poorly absorbed. Therefore, do not overdo it in caring for your dog and clearly follow the nutrition tips.
Should I add to porridge?
The beef scar, no doubt, is a delicious and healthy treat for an animal. It contains irreplaceable enzymes that the dog is necessary for healthy digestion.
Many dog owners prefer to add a beef stomach to dogs to porridge, in a cut form. If the supplement is made in raw form, then it must be preheated in the freezer.
The rules for storing and processing beef stomach are as follows:
- After the purchase, the required must be thoroughly washed in warm water to remove food residues from the stomach, grass or pebbles. It should be borne in mind that it has an unpleasant odor, so processing should be carried out in a ventilated room.
- If there is a large amount of fat, it is necessary to remove it from the surface of the stomach so as not to cause digestive disorder in the dog.
- Next, it is necessary to cut the scar portionably so that one part is for one meal. So it will be convenient to get it and immediately give a pet. Each portion is put in a separate bag.
- Proper freezing should be for 3 days, at a temperature of-6 to-18 ° C. After that, the scar is taken out of the freezer, scalded with boiling water, let it cool.
- The cooled product is cut into small pieces, added raw to food or prepared from them animal dishes.
The shelf life of a frozen product should not exceed 6 months, at a temperature of not more than-6 ° C.
The scar is not considered the main food, it is given to the dog as an addition to the diet several times a week in small portions.
- You can give a cow stomach to puppies from 4 months of age, alternating a raw and boiled product. It is best to skip it through a meat grinder, so the Liver will be easier to absorb. This supplement is given initially twice a week, gradually bringing the frequency to 4-5 times. A one-time volume should be 10% of the total portion of feed.
- Large adult dogs are given 200 g of scar 2-3 times a day. Old animals due to problems with teeth are offered a product crushed in a meat grinder.
- Dogs of medium breeds are reduced to 100-200 g per day, cutting into small pieces.
Do not forget that the scar cannot be used as the main feed, replacing them with meat and other products. An overdose can provoke vomiting in the pet and has a negative effect on the liver.
How to cook a beef scar for dogs?
The pet can be given an unpeeled product, after frozen it in the refrigerator for at least three days. This technique allows you to save food from worms. The scar is allowed to be given raw. Liver should be cut into small parts and offered to the pet as an addition to the main diet. This option is acceptable for young people who do not have pronounced health problems.
If you want to protect the dog from helminthiasis, you need to thermally process a fresh beef scar. Do it like this:
- The cow’s stomach is washed. The remnants of grass, pebbles that a cow could swallow during life are removed from it. The offal is soaked for 2 hours in cool water. This allows you to eliminate the specific smell.
- The meat is poured with boiling water, the remains of the villi and dirt are quickly cleaned off with a knife. Remove excess fat (a small amount can be left).
- Cut the scar into small portions (100 grams each). The unused product is placed in plastic bags and placed in the freezer. The rest is placed in a saucepan, poured with water and boiled for 10 minutes after boiling. The liquid from under the cow’s stomach is drained, collected again and the container with the liver is put on fire. The manipulation is repeated up to five times. How much to cook beef tripe for dogs using this technology? The process takes an average of 4 hours.
- Check the readiness of the dish. To do this, a piece of meat is pierced with a fork. It should be soft and pliable.
- The product is cooled, served to the pet as breakfast or dinner. Boiled liver is allowed to be given to grown-up puppies, as well as to elderly animals. He won’t harm them.
You can cook a tripe with vegetables, which are also necessary for the dog. In this case, they act like this:
- Peeled liver is doused with boiling water, finely chopped, laid out in a bowl.
- Chop vegetables: cabbage, carrots, pumpkin, cucumber. Add some greenery.
- The ingredients are mixed, pour a teaspoon of linseed oil into the dish. Seaweed can be added if desired.
- Food is served to the dogch a dish is considered complex and does not require additives in the form of cereals.
Another recipe for making a tripe is also common, which can please not only the dog, but also the person. In this case, to get a tasty dish, you need to act like this:
- Take liver, put it in water, add bay leaf, ground pepper, a pinch of salt. Boil offal.
- Remove the scar from the broth, cut into medium-sized square pieces.
- Grind and fry the onion in sunflower oil.
- Mix ingredients together and serve.
You can also prepare a dried tripe for a pet. It should be used as a snack for cerealsch a dish can also be a kind of encouragement for the correct execution of basic commands by the dog. It must be cooked in the oven: the offal should be chopped, put on a baking sheet, put in a preheated oven and kept on low heat for up to three hours. After cooking, the liver can be cooled, put into bags and hidden in a dark, cool place. In the cold season, this delicacy can be kept on the balcony.
Video: what is beef tripe for dogs and how to cook it?
Where could I buy
Cow stomach can be bought at the agricultural market and ordered from the online store. Now many farms have their own websites on the Internet, where you can get acquainted with the price list and order the product with delivery. Promotions and discounts are constantly organized for regular customers. You can buy an industrially processed scar just on such sites.
A scar bought on the market must be carefully examined. There were times when a layer of mucus hid pieces of rusty wire or nails. Cows often swallow them while alive.
Dog Owner Testimonials
According to reviews of the scar, dog owners, as often happens, are divided into two camps. Some have been using a cow’s stomach for animal food for many years and see nothing but benefit from it. They claim that their pets are healthy, vigorous and cheerful, and the scar did not harm them in any way.
Others believe that if funds permit, it is better to buy trimmings, beef liver and heart for food, rather than tripe for dogs. After all, by feeding the dog with a stomach, the owner allegedly constantly exposes it to the possibility of infection with worms, Giardia and other protozoa. And the existing risk cannot be justified by any benefit.