A trained dog, as well as a well-mannered person, is much more pleasant to handle. Even domestic dogs need a certain discipline, the only way to accustom to discipline is regular classes. About how to teach an adult dog to commands, and ways to fulfill them should be learned in more detail.
"Sit" or "place"
Why need to train a dog
Animals, especially dogs, are not only possible, but also need to be trained. The need for this arises not only among professional breeders or dog handlers who decided to train a dog to search for traces or certain odors, but also from ordinary citizens. Dressure helps:
- Make the dog more obedient, pacify it with a cool disposition (animals are very different, but discipline helps to cope with their unpleasant character);
- Socialize the animal, improve its mental state;
- Improve the security or hunting qualities of the dog;
- Reduce the level of aggression against humans and other animals.
Important! Pets are not always trained with goals indicated above, sometimes dressing helps to develop and consolidate certain gaming skills from them. Dogs are often taught all kinds of tricks for the pleasure of the family or for the publication.
Training for a service dog with the command "Heel"
Is an adult dog possible
Dogs begin to train at a fairly early age, but an adult dog can be taught some useful things, for example, not to drag food from the table, go to the toilet to a certain place, bring a stick or slippers, take a rack.
An adult dog will resist any attempts to change his behavior more than a puppy. But attention to details and perseverance allows us to make a completely mannered and even at first glance noble from a completely unknown sexually manner.
Train the dog yourself or contact a dog handler
Puppies can be trained independently, but adult dogs need a more firm will than the master. Accustomed to a certain behavior in relation to him from a person, he simply will not perceive the command correctly. It is rare that the dog manages to extinguish independently after it has reached the age of 1-2 years.
The help of a dog handler will undoubtedly be required. But here it is necessary to consider exactly what requirements the dog breeder presents to the pet, what he wants to teach him. So, if the task is exclusively in teaching the favorite the rules for catching a plate or a paw of paw, then you can cope with this on your own, but a professional should still teach the commands important for each dog.
Obedient, trained dog
General rules for independent training
If the pet is still decided not to take anywhere and engage in his education on their own, you need to record or remember the following simple rules:
- Training should take place in a deserted place, it is better if the owner and the dog are left alone;
- Commands are presented with a hard, confident voice;
- It is impossible to iron or give goodness to the dog that has not fulfilled the order;
- You need to train regularly;
- For each action performed, the dog is rewarded;
- It is impossible to shout or beat a dog that did not cope with the task.
Important! For each command, experts advise using special encouragement. This will help the dog distinguish them not only by ear, but also by smell or by the family of actions. If food acts as an encouragement, then after each successfully completed action you need to allow the pet to eat up to the dump. There should be few food, literally a few small pieces. As you move forward, the appearance and consolidation of the result, they refuse to reward after each executed command.
The main methods of training
Both professionals and amateurs with the same frequency use such training methods as:
- Taste-based. To use it, the dog is not fed before the workout for about 3-4 hours in a row. A half-starved dog with pleasure performs commands, hoping to get a treat or just food at the end of the lesson. Gradually, the dog has a reflex for food. This method is used for learning search engines, dogs, in which a food reaction prevails, but is not used in relation to future patrol and guard dogs, animals studying in order to develop a reflex to the detention of criminals.
- Mechanical. The method of the whip and the carrot. During training, the dog acts mechanically during training, for example, quilted it with a twig, drooping for action. At the end of the lesson, the dog is stroked.
- Contrast. Combines two previous methods. Dogs who successfully fulfill the order are fed, and they are punished by the execution of the commands.
- Imitative. The dog imitates an animal or a person. The method is additional.
- Training. Using a complex of stimuli, they create conditions that encourage the animal to perform certain commands.
During home training, it is reasonable to use the contrasting and tasteful method, but dog handlers use everything listed. This allows them to achieve the task faster.
The dog goes Heel, reacting to the owner
Commands for primary familiarization
A number of commands must perform a number of commands without hesitation. They are simple, any dog can master them, whether it be a huge Caucasian or little Chihuahua.
The first in the list of useful commands. Allows you to teach the dog to spend time exclusively in the corner of the house, or to be next to a person in a situation that causes a sharp negative reaction in the dog.
This command is taught according to the instructions during feeding, accustoming the dog to the fact that, if necessary, he is obliged to give the owner any subject, including food. To do this, pronounce the command "Drop-it! "And they pushed a bowl from the dog who is already trying to enjoy its contents of the dog.
"Sit! "And "Down! "
Commands similar to the command "Place! ". The methods of training are also performed – similar. The trainer needs to look at the dog and a strict, but in a calm voice to “sit! ”, Gently pulling over the leash and pressing his palm on the cereals. When fulfilling the order, “Down” is slightly pressed onto the back.
"Come / Come here! " And "Heel! "
This command allows you to restrain the aggression of small and large dogs, aimed at someone outside their own world and the world of its owner, for example, at a stranger-another person or animal.
The command "Stand! "
For a home dog (Jack-Rassel Terrier, Yorkshire Terrier, Labrador, Like, Pug, German Shepherd, Husky) will be enough to study the above commands, but the dog, designed to become a guard or hunter, is obliged to also learn the “Stand! ” Command.
Command "Stop that! " And "Stop! "
With the help of these commands, it is possible to keep the pet from the absorption of street debris or pouncing onto the mongrel, a person in just a few lessons, courses. A smart dog can learn it very quickly.
If the dog is small or extremely active, it is first of all taught the “Speak! ” Command. It helps to determine the location of a lost pet.
Necessary commands to control a dog in the city
A city dog, regardless of whether it is a mongrel or a representative of a well-known breed, an old dog or a young one, must be taught obedience using commands such as:
- "Speak! "
- "Place! "
- "Sit! "
- "Heel! "
- "Stop that! ! "
The First Steps For Training Your Rescue/Rehomed/Adult Dog!
This will help keep him and other people and animals safe.
The more you work with your dog, the better. At least you need to exercise from 20 to 60 minutes a day. Start with a short training, gradually increase the time.
A well-trained dog is not only convenient, but also safe. A trained dog may well save the owner's life.
Lessons with a professional
Useful tips from professionals
Experts advise exercising regularly. Important in this case:
- Positive attitude;
- The ability to hide negative emotions.
Note! Initially, the pet will hardly succeed, but daily work on correcting mistakes will help improve the result.
Training an adult dog from scratch takes a lot of time and effort, since we are talking about animals with already defined character traits, which will not be easy to correct. But the result is worth it.