10 Best Dry Foods for Basenji
Dry food for Basenji should be chosen carefully. It is recommended to get advice from the breeder or veterinarian. The age, the general condition of the pet is necessarily taken into account.
Let's understand what to feed the Basenji and analyze the best food options.
Rating of the 10 best dry food for Basenji
|1||Acana Adult Dog Heritag 17 kg||9.9 / 10||6 724|
|2||Go Fit + Free Salmon, Duck, Turkey, Chicken 2.72 kg||9.8 / 10||1 548|
|3||Orijen Adult Dog Freeze Feed 0,45 kg||9.8 / 10||1 781|
|4||Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Dermatosis 12 kg||9.8 / 10||6 149|
|5||Barking Heads with Lamb and Rice Dreams Lamb 12kg||9.6 / 10||4 638|
|6||Arden Grange Sensetiv Ocean White Fish and Potatoes 12kg||9.6 / 10||5 341|
|7||Applaws with chicken 7,5 kg||9.5 / 10||3 683|
|8||Proseries Holistic food with lamb and rice 12.9 kg||9.4 / 10||5 500|
|9||Royal canin medium adult 15 kg||9.2 / 10||5 019|
|10||Grandorf Duck with yams all breeds 12 kg||9.2 / 10||5 046|
Dry dog food is a complete nutritious diet for pets, designed with the physiology, features of the animal in mind. It contains carbohydrates, fats, proteins, amino acids in a balanced state. In choosing, pay attention to the composition. The product should contain animal fats of plant origin, natural components. This is what dogs should get for health and to be cheerful.
These animals are active and curious. Have a good immunity, good health. The food is better to choose premium, super premium, for small breed dogs. The diet should consist of ingredients that are more like food in the natural environment.
Dry foods consisting of lean meats (poultry, rabbit, offal) will do. Sufficient carbohydrates must be included to maintain activity. They will provide cereals (oats, rice), vegetables (zucchini, pumpkin, cucumber). To avoid the development of obesity, it is better to watch the amount of calories consumed and not to increase the proportion of carbohydrates and fats.
Otherwise, excess weight will lead to heart problems. The developed limbs of the dog require a constant intake of calcium and other components, to maintain the bone system and joints.
Therefore, you can buy food with low-fat sea fish. Balanced feeds include the necessary vitamins, minerals. Additional supplements do not need to be introduced into the diet.
Acana Adult Dog Heritag 17 kg
Holistic class feed without grains and allergic substances. In the composition – different types of meat, fish – 55%. It contains eggs, medicinal herbs, vegetables, fruits, fermentation products, vitamin and mineral additives. Does not contain GMOs.
- Suitable for all dogs;
- Has a useful composition and properties;
- Natural ingredients;
- Rich in fiber;
- Has a good taste;
- Has a low glycemic index;
- Eating does not cause problems with skin, eyesight, joints, GI.
- It is sold in large packages;
- It is not available in all stores.
- Contains legumes, which increases gas.
Go Fit + Free Salmon, Duck, Turkey, Chicken 2.72 kg
A holistic, gluten-free food. It contains more than 70% meat: turkey, chicken, duck and salmon fillets. It does not cause allergies. Universal it is designed for dogs of all breeds and ages.
- Does not cause allergic reactions;
- Natural Components;
- Enriched with nutrients, trace elements, vitamins, oils, lactobacilli;
- Comes in different packages;
- The package indicates the daily rate of consumption;
- Optimal balance of price and quality;
- Does not contain by-products;
- Poor storage;
- In the open weathered, loses useful substances and properties. For long-term storage, pour into closed containers;
- Increases the metabolism, the output of digestive products.
- Increases the bowel movements.
Orijen Adult Dog Freeze Feed 0,45 kg
Belongs to the super-premium class. Freeze-dried food, it can be given to dogs of all ages and breeds. The composition of 80% of meat and fish. The remaining percentage: eggs, legumes, liver, fruits, vegetables, herbs, trace elements, lactobacilli. Does not contain preservatives, dyes, flavorings, GMOs. Produced fresh, without freezing ingredients.
- Balanced and natural composition;
- Does not contain cereals;
- Does not cause allergies;
- Contains fiber;
- Improves appetite and digestion;
- Sparingly consumed.
- Produced by technology, where due to the impact of low-temperature regime of the ingredients of the composition is removed only moisture. All the nutrients are retained.
- When eaten, the appearance, health of pets improves.
- Increases stools and their output;
- Increases canine gas;
- Can't be found in all stores;
- Sometimes rancid and burnt pellets with a bad odor are found.
Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Dermatosis 12 kg
A dietary food belonging to the premium class. It is used when a dog develops an intolerance to anything. Often it is manifested by hair loss, dermatitis and digestive disorders. The composition has an extract of fish, flour, beet pulp, potatoes, vitamins, minerals.
- Therapeutic food;
- Contains no allergens;
- Contains natural fiber;
- Suitable for pets who have an intolerance to beef or chicken;
- Improves the health and appearance of dogs;
- Does not contain preservatives, dyes, flavorings;
- Convenient packaging for storage and use;
- Therapeutic food to be given to dogs with hypersensitivity to allergens.
basenji dog food. rating of the 10 best dry food for basenji
Barking Heads with Lamb and Rice Dreams Lamb 12kg
This product is of the premium class. It contains organic lamb meat, which was raised on natural products, vegetables, and medicinal herbs. Veterinarians recommend it for small and medium breeds. Ingredients: freeze-dried lamb meat – 20%, fresh meat – 30%, oats, rice, trout, potatoes, animal fat, herbal mixture, algae, vitamins and minerals.
- Made from natural ingredients;
- Improves skin, coat and joints;
- Strengthens the immune system.
- It has a good taste and smell.
- Suitable for pets with sensitivity to allergens.
Arden Grange Sensetiv Ocean White Fish and Potatoes 12kg
This is a super-premium product. It contains all the natural ingredients your dog needs: pieces of meat and fish oil. At the same time, it helps to increase stamina of your dog.
- It has a rich vitamin and mineral complex;
- Does not contain GMOs, preservatives, artificial colors, flavors;
- Does not cause allergies;
- Does not contain grain crops;
- Added antioxidants;
- The label describes the feeding schedule;
- It is economically consumed;
- Has a good smell and taste;
- Improves the health of your pet.
- With prolonged use, there is no addiction to the composition;
- Suitable for dogs with an inactive lifestyle and who are elderly.
- Some of its varieties contain corn, and this ingredient should not be in the super-premium class.
Applaws with chicken 7,5 kg
A premium food that has a balanced combination of chicken meat, eggs, peas, potatoes, animal, vegetable fats, vegetables, and herbs. Has a low glycemic index.
- Does not contain grains;
- Does not cause allergies;
- Balanced composition;
- Natural ingredients;
- The product is suitable for a balanced diet so that there are no problems with the health, activity and appearance of the dog;
- This brand is advised by veterinarians as dietary;
- Has a good appearance, smell, taste.
- It is not available in all stores.
Proseries Holistic with Lamb and Rice 12.9 kg
A holistic food. Has a composition suitable for feeding dogs of all ages and breeds. It does not contain ingredients which may cause allergies: soy, corn, wheat and chicken meat. Instead of meat included fish, animal, plant fats, which is absorbed well by the body of the pet.
- Balanced composition of natural ingredients;
- Strengthens the immune system, supports the pet's musculoskeletal system;
- Improves the blood circulation, the appearance of the pet;
- Serves as a source of protein for dogs allergic to meat products;
- Passed all the tests in America and Canada and according to their results it has been recognized as a complete balanced product to ensure the health of dogs at any age;
- The composition of the product is chosen to give maximum attention to the health of the dog.
- Hard to find in pet stores;
- Strongly pronounced fishy smell;
- Contains grains.
Royal Canin medium adult 15 kg
A super-premium quality food, designed to provide a balanced diet for your dog and all his nutritional needs. Its composition: flour of cereals, dehydrated pork, rice, vegetable and animal fats and yeast. In the product added vitamin and mineral complex.
Best Dog Food: Feeding my Bull Terrier and Basenji
- Widely distributed in the USA Federation;
- Has a good taste;
- Well digested by the body;
- When using enhances immunity and improves the appearance of skin and coat;
- The product has medicinal properties.
- Contains grains;
- A lot of handicrafts. The original is made in France.
Grandorf Duck with yams all breeds 12 kg
The product belongs to the super-premium class. Has a balanced composition of the following ingredients: meat of duck, turkey, yams, dried herbs, fruits and vegetables. Made using a technology that preserves all the properties of the ingredients.
- Made from natural ingredients;
- Has a good taste, smell, color;
- Contains a digestive bioregulator;
- Contains no preservatives, GMOs, artificial colors;
- Well assimilated by the body;
- Economical Consumption;
- Has a good effect on the health of the pet;
- The food has a balanced composition and is suitable for daily nutrition for dogs of all breeds;
- Capable of completely replacing a dog's need for meat food;
- Ideal for pets with severe allergic sensitivities.
- Hard to find in veterinary stores;
- Has a laxative effect on the pet.
Above are the ten best dry foods for medium-sized dogs. Choosing the right food for dogs is important, here the health of the pet and its preferences are taken into account. Each of them is good, but out of all of them I will highlight only two that are at the top of the rating and deserve increased attention to themselves: Acana Adult Dog Heritag and Go Fit + Free salmon, duck, turkey, chicken.
They both belong to the class of holistic, suitable for everyday meals, have few drawbacks. There are no grains or products that contribute to allergic reactions, which are common among medium-sized dogs.
They contain a rich vitamin and mineral complex. By consuming these products, the pet will get the necessary substances and will have good health and longevity. These 2 high quality products fully meet the pet's need for a healthy and balanced diet. Those who give these brands to their pets are happy and do not want to look for a new food.
Medium-sized dogs span many breeds, from bassettes to huskies. By nature, they can be low-mobility or active. Pets of these species need vitamin supplements to supplement their diets.
The daily requirement for supplements is determined by sex and age. It depends on the weight, breed, physical development, and air temperature when kept. Organic substances are needed for normal growth and development, viable offspring, good health. When starting to introduce elements into the diet, consider the weight of the pet.
It is important to worry about the intake of vitamins in the animal's body at the natural diet or with the use of economy food. Prolonged courses of supplements once a month will be needed to boost your pet's health. For medium-sized breeds kept on dry food, take a vitamin course at least once every six months. For aging animals, a course once a year is sufficient if fed with food and natural food.
Pet Health Elements:
- Retinoids including: vitamin A, vitamin A2, retinol and retinoic acid. Essential for reproduction of healthy offspring. Without these vitamins in animals there is no normal development of bone tissue, cartilage, epithelium. Retinal is involved in the work of the organs of vision. The element is necessary for the production of light-sensitive pigments for seeing in the dark. When it is deficient, dogs develop "hen blindness."
- Thiamine (B1). An essential element for the normal functioning of the nervous system. With sufficient levels of the substance, the pet will be balanced and calm. Supplements with it are needed for pets who are severely depleted, experienced stress. Lack of the element thiamine causes disorders of the digestive tract of the animal. Its deficiency leads to loss of weight and lack of appetite. For puppies, the element helps them grow, providing them with energy and vigor.
- Riboflavin (B2). The normal concentration of the substance in the body determines the condition of the coat and skin. The vitamin strengthens the immune system and defense mechanisms of the animal, and helps to neutralize inflammatory processes. Deficiency of vitamin B2 in the dog's body can cause muscle weakness, mucosal lesions, conjunctivitis.
- Niacin (B3). The vitamin fights the pet's "bad" cholesterol, increases hemoglobin, and normalizes protein and fat metabolism. After feeding the pet, nicotinic acid stimulates gastric juices and enzymes. Saturates the body with energy and helps absorb protein from introduced vegetables in the diet. Often give vitamin B3 animal can not. Its overabundance will cause disruption of the endocrine system, hair loss.
Proper feeding of puppies
With the correct diet of a puppy, the baby will be strong, its immunity will resist any diseases. In order for the anatomo-functional systems to form properly, the pet needs quality food and a complex of vitamins.
A selection of nutrients and trace elements is contained in dry food. Up to six months of age, medium-sized puppies can be given a balanced food for small breeds. After six months of age, dry food for large dogs.
For puppies three months and older, a super-premium diet should do the trick. The grain-free food includes fresh and boiled meat, fruits and vegetables. Hormones and by-products are not contained in this food.
For puppies with allergies or gastrointestinal disorders, choose a holistic-class diet. A complete, dry food will ensure the safety of your puppy's digestion and intestinal microflora balance. It will satisfy the high energy needs of medium sized breeds during their short growth period.
For two-week-old puppies, you can add cereal to the diet. From a month and a half, feed dry croquettes with a higher calorie content. The first few days, soak the pellets in milk or warm water. Transfer to this food to start with 12-16 grains per day. Monitor the condition of the puppy, and in case of a negative reaction, stop feeding pellets. If regular itching and peeling of the puppy's skin after taking croquettes, give the baby to drink water often.
Unlike adult pets, medium breed puppies should be fed more often:
- 2 to 4 months – six times;
- From three to six months – 4 times;
- From five to 10 months of age, 3 times.
Diseases and health problems from food
Owners of bull terriers, bulldogs, basset hounds and retrievers often face the problem of overweight animals. Obesity develops because of little exercise and a lack of fresh, unprocessed plant Chewy foods in the diet. Because of the increase in body weight due to fatty tissue, pathologies develop:
- Increased glucose levels and metabolic disorders;
- Congestive heart failure;
- Violation of the rhythm and depth of breathing, shortness of breath;
- Hip joint dysplasia;
If one of the diseases is suspected, exclude from the diet food with high calories, do not give fatty meat, bakery products. Replace caloric foods with natural feed mixes with reduced fat. Switching to lightweight pellets will burn off the extra kilocalories, keeping all the nutrients in the body.
Often counterfeit feeds do not contain meat products and essential elements, but rather cereals and stabilizers. Because of the poor quality of this food, the animal may develop:
- Allergic reaction;
- Inflammatory-dystrophic changes in the mucous membrane of the stomach;
- Esophagitis of the esophagus;
- Inflammatory process in the pancreas;
- Manifestation of urolithiasis;
- Frequent emptying of the intestine with the release of liquid feces.
When signs of abnormalities appear, the animal should be urgently transferred to a holistic food and plenty of drinking with the addition of Rehydration Drinker.
Feeding pregnant dogs
After a successful mating, the bitch's body changes, adjusting to her future babies. Natural reflexes and instincts work for the health of the dog. Often there are unpleasant exceptions. If there is a shortage of the right elements in the body, the bitch is aborted.
In the last days of pregnancy, the babies take away all the useful substances from the mother. This leads to bad consequences in the bitch's body after delivery. The main danger is a calcium deficiency. Lack of the substance in a pregnant bitch can cause a severe form of gestosis. Because of the disruption of the potassium-calcium balance, the animal's blood pressure rises greatly, putting the pregnancy in jeopardy. Along with calcium, a pregnant pet needs magnesium, which is involved in the central nervous system.
A bitch's diet when carrying puppies should be of good quality. Proper feeding during the entire period of pregnancy greatly affects its course and the development of fetuses. In the diet of the pet to add 2 times a week chicken yolks, mashed with cottage cheese. At the time of carrying puppies, you need proteins, which will help the proper development of the babies.
Until five weeks pregnant, the animal does not need additional nutrients. If you give the dog more food at this term, she will get better, increasing the risk of complications during childbirth. She should be put on an increased diet by day 35. There is no need to be frightened if the pet did not start to eat more. When carrying one-2 fetuses, she does not need to increase the dose of food. Vitamins should be given to her.