Furuminators for dogs of different breeds
Caring for pets implies not only the correct balanced diet and regular visits to the veterinarian, but also the care of wool. It is she who is an indicator of the health of the pet. During molting and in other periods, it is necessary to systematically comb the pet. The main assistant in this difficult business is a Furinator for dogs. This accessory must certainly be in the breeder’s house and used daily.
What is a Furuminator for dogs and why it is needed
A person combs hair daily, pets need a similar care. It is not difficult to accustom the dog to combing, the main thing is to start the learning process from the first months. It doesn’t matter how long the favorite has a pet, care is necessary. Each owner chooses a furminator, a pudder or a comb to his taste, the main thing is that it does not injure the skin of the animal and cope with the main purpose.
The combing process itself container carries a double meaning. This is hygienic and preventive care, which provides not only an improvement in the appearance of the pet, but also helps him get rid of garbage, parasites, dust and dead particles of the skin and wool. In addition, a high-quality massage is obtained that stimulates blood flow that restores the hair structure of their quality and density.
- Lon g-haired breeds first comb with a comb with rare teeth, analyzing especially confused areas manually.
- For spaniels and setters, the ears, hind legs and tail are first treated. There they have the longest hair, which is very confused. Bologna and schnauzers begin the procedure for leaving the muzzle.
- Having completed preliminary combing, a special brush is ironed in the direction from the nose to the tail.
- You can use pudders only for pets with mediu m-length wool. For lon g-haired or smooth-haired breeds, care will turn into torment for the owner and dog.
- If the first attempts to put the skin of the animal are unsuccessful, they communicate with a narrow specialist – Groomer.
The neat consistent training of the puppy with care procedures will help in the future. It is important not to scare the pet and not to cause him pain during the first attempts to put the fur coat in order.
Furuminator is a comprehensive tool that includes hair care functions during molting. Can be used daily for preventive purposes.
Furuminators for different types and breeds of dogs
Technologies are developing and for pets develop innovative care methods. Furuminator refers to innovations, about which few animal lovers know. It is used for cats and dogs. Depending on the size, breed and type of wool, they choose a special tool.
Furuminator for short-haired dogs
Such breeds include shepherds, jusks, labradors, likes. The dogs have dense hard wool with a rich undercoat, which is best combed with a furminator with teeth of medium length and frequency. It will be good to capture the undercoat, without affecting the main part of the hairline, gently, without jerking, removing fallen wools.
Smooth-haired dog Fourminer
For breeds like Dachshund, Doberman and Boxer, the Furminator will not work. Dogs are combed out with a rubber brush. Dogs shed intensively, but the metal teeth of the tool can injure the skin of the animal, so accessories with rounded tops of the teeth are chosen.
Furminator for long haired dogs
Spaniels, Setters, Greyhounds need daily brushing regardless of the season. Long curls are slightly curly and during walks they collect a lot of small debris and dust. These breeds need a regular comb, and preferably two, with teeth of different frequencies. First comb the rare-toothed, then thicker. Hunting breeds have delicate ears, so metal brushes are not recommended.
Furminator for long-haired dogs of large breeds
The larger and longer-haired the dog, the more she sheds, respectively, the animal must be combed carefully. It is especially difficult for the owners of St. Bernards, Newfoundlands and other large dogs. To comb them, you will need several types and sizes of combs. Small for the muzzle and paws, wide for the body.
For medium breeds
Dogs of medium size acquire combs up to 7 cm wide, it is convenient to process the skin with them. Depending on the length and thickness of the coat, choose the type of comb.
For small breeds
Small dogs visit groomers most often. These are spoiled pets, which are distinguished by either very short hair, or, conversely, long hair. In any case, it is better for professionals to work with small dogs so as not to damage delicate areas of the skin.
Principle of operation, advantages and disadvantages
The Furminator is a rake-like tool with an ergonomic rubberized handle. The working part is made of metal and looks a bit like a barber’s razor blade. Due to the density and length of the teeth, it qualitatively captures shedding wool and undercoat, gently pulling it out without damaging the main hairline. The inventor of the mechanism is an American groomer, so the resemblance to the tools of a hairdresser is not surprising.
- Painless removal of dead hair.
- Removes only the undercoat.
- The inventor claims that it is suitable for hair of any length, but this is not entirely true: there are breeds for which the tool will not work.
- Prevents the formation of tangles.
- Carries out massage and evenly distributes grease on the surface.
- The molt goes much faster.
- The processing time of the animal is reduced, which is important for restless dogs.
No shortcomings were found in the brush, except for one, it is not suitable for all breeds. There is an add-on that is a nice bonus. Some types of furminators have a button that quickly and cleanly removes combed hair. This saves time for owners.
- the procedure begins with bathing and combing with a regular comb;
- tangles and tangled areas are cut and disassembled by hand;
- check whether the dog’s skin has wounds and inflammations.
The Ultimate way to roll up and extension cord
Smooth-haired dogs are scratched in the direction of hair growth from the muzzle to the tail and along the back towards the stomach. Long-haired begin to comb from the back, moving forward, that is, first the area of \u200b\u200bthe hind legs and tail, gradually moving to the stomach and neck.
Who is not suitable
The Furminator is not suitable for dogs with long, straight coats, such as the Australian Silky Terrier. Curly-haired dogs – American Water Spaniel, Bedlington Terrier, Bichon Frize. Smooth-haired breeds – bulldogs, foxhounds, terriers, dobermans.
Difference from furminator for cats
There is no specialized tool designed for cats or dogs. These are all the same Furminators that differ in size and separated in length and density of wool.
So, for cats they acquire the smallest scabies. If you choose the type of hair, then they look at the length of the teeth. The length of the wool is directly proportional to the size of the teeth and inversely proportional to their frequency. That is, for a thick cover, they take a rare comb and vice versa. Similarly, a selection of tools for dogs is made.
Criteria for choosing a Furiminator for dogs
Among the variety of furminers, it is not so easy to choose the most suitable for the dog. Before buying, take into account the size of the dog, the length and density of the wool.
The combination-fursus is not suitable for all short-haired rocks, so before buying it is recommended to consult a veterinarian. For those who were allowed, you need to pay attention to models with short tightly planted teeth.
Lon g-haired breeds are optimal nozzles with long rare teeth.
If we talk about quality, experienced breeders recommend purchasing Furminator brand models. They are original and correspond to the idea of the inventor, unlike Chinese analogues.
Review of Furuminators for dogs and their cost
- Large – intended for large breeds weighing from 25 to 40 kg or more. It is optimal for wool 5 cm long, the width of the working part reaches 13 cm. Such a tool is suitable for Labrador, Husky, Collles, and Shepherds.
- Medium – use mediu m-sized dogs weighing up to 25 kg. For example, spaniels and spitz, whose wool length does not exceed 5 cm.
- Small – very small combs up to 4. 5 cm wide are optimal for Chihuahua care, Beijing and other small animals weighing up to 9 kg.
Electric Furminators appeared on the market, vibrating and creating light massage.