To facilitate the care of dogs and maintain cleanliness in the house, the use of special hygiene diapers is recommendedch products were first used in Japan. In the American zotovar market, they appeared relatively recently, but have already gained great popularity among breeders and home dog owners.
In the article we will tell you why and in what cases are diaper for dogs and puppies, what they come, from which they make, pros and cons, dogs of which breeds can go to diapers, how to choose the best, manufacturers rating, determination of size, how to accustomPetetz to the diaper.
Why do you need hygienic diapers for a dog
Hygienic diapers for dogs are special rugs with a moisturizing layer that retains the liquid inside the product. They can be used for various purposes.
In what situations are dog diaponds used:
- Tarling the puppy to the toilet.
- When caring for a sick or elderly dog.
- To protect the car seats when transporting an animal over long distances.
- To arrange a place for childbirth and create a postpartum cozy corner.
- As a litter for a tray and an aviary.
It is customary to accustom home dogs to the toilet when walking on the street. Smart animals quickly get used to this rule, the main thing is to observe the walking mode. However, there are situations when there is an acute need for the use of a hygienic diaper. For example, when the owner is absent at home for a long time and is not able to walk the dog at the usual time. They are also necessary for animals for a time of quarantine after illness or vaccination or when the weather is bad on the street, severe frost or heavy rain. In such situations, a diaper will allow you to comfortably go to the toilet a pet and maintain freshness and cleanliness in the house.
What breeds of dogs can go to a diaper
Breeders recommend using diapers to teach puppies to the toilet. This will teach the pet to the cleanliness in the house.
Hygienic diapers can also be used for small decorative breeds of dogs that celebrate need only at warm home conditions.
What dogs can go to a diaper toilet:
- Pomeranian Spitz;
- Yorkshire Terrier;
- American toy terrier;
- Dwarf poodle;
- Kai Leo;
- Pugs and other small representatives.
Features and composition
In the assortment of hygienic products for pets, there is a large selection of diapers for dogs. They differ in the degree of softness, sizes and classified into two main types: disposable and reusable products.
The lower layer of disposable diapers is waterproof, and the outer is soft, it is made of semi-synthetic material and passes the air well. Between these layers is a filler made of polymer granules, cellulose or helium base. The number of layers-fillers can be different. Five-layer diapers that provide uniform distribution of fluid are especially popular.
The structure of reusable diapers for dogs:
- The outer layer is knitted, quickly drying. Performed in a variety of colors.
- The second layer is a membrane, well absorbing liquid.
- The third layer is intermediate, waterproof.
- The last lower layer is made of knitted non-slip material.
Pros and cons of dog diapers
Hygienic diapers for dogs have many advantages, but there are some disadvantages. Consider in more detail.
- Absolutely harmless animal products;
- Keep the smell of bowel movements, not allowing an fetid aromas to spread around the house;
- Are not subject to mold and fungi;
- Have anti-slip properties;
- They absorb moisture well, even with complete fullness of the animal’s paw remain dry;
- Fabric absorption-up to 2-3 liters;
- Resistant to tearing;
- Reusable products are well washed, not deformed after washing, dry quickly;
- A good aesthetic look.
- Cheap reusable diapers after the first washing lose the ability to hold unpleasant smells of bowel movements, and traces of subtexts may remain on the surface;
- Disposable diapers are not sold in a single copy, you will have to buy a whole package;
- The high cost of high-quality reusable diapers.
When and how they use
Hygienic diapers are useful to maintain cleanliness in the house. They can be used as a litter in aviaries and in carrying for transportation of animals during visits to visit friends, going to the veterinarian, as well as on long trips in a car, train or by plane.
How to use dog diapers:
- The sanitary litter can be placed directly on the floor or on a dedicated toilet tray.
- You can not cut the diaper if it does not fit in the tray in size. This will lead to a loss of moisture retention and will contribute to the spread of unpleasant odors.
- Disposable diapers are practically used during the care of operated, debilitated sick and elderly dogs.
- Reusable diapers are recommended to be washed daily. Every 12-24 hours you need to change the product to a clean one.
- The maximum service life of a good quality reusable diaper is 36 months.
Types of diapers for dogs and puppies
Dog diapers are divided into two main types – disposable and reusable. They can be used for both puppies and large dogs. The main thing is to choose the right size of the product and the allowable amount of absorbed liquid.
Features of hygienic diapers:
- Disposable products are intended for a single use, after which they are disposed of.
- Reusable diapers are designed for frequent use during the period recommended by the manufacturer. To maintain cleanliness and functionality, such products are regularly washed by hand or in a washing machine. It is recommended to use special disinfectants for washing to disinfect the fabric.
Reusable hygienic diapers are presented in a large assortment: antibacterial, hypoallergenic, with a moisture indicator, super absorbent, etc. Diapers with pheromones are especially popular, allowing you to quickly accustom your dog to the toilet on a litter.
Other types of diapers for dogs:
- Gauze – the simplest and cheapest disposable diapers. The lower part consists of oilcloth material that does not allow moisture to pass through.
- Gel – contain a special gel that absorbs liquids well and blocks unpleasant odors.
- Pads with a sticky layer for good fixation on the surface of the tray.
How to determine the right size
Sanitary diapers are selected according to the size of the animal. For example, products of standard sizes 30×40 cm, 40×60 cm are suitable for small decorative dogs. For representatives of larger breeds, diapers ranging in size from 60×70 cm or more are selected.
The best manufacturers of diapers, mats and bedding
Diapers for dogs are produced by different brands in the world. Among domestic manufacturers, the brands Talismed, Dobrozveriki and Peligrin have a well-deserved reputation, producing high-quality dog bedding and diapers in a large assortment. The price of products is from 500 per package.
The best manufacturers of dog diapers:
- Ezwhelp is an American brand that produces reusable absorbent diapers with maximum absorbency.
- Hartz Hoome Protection Training Pads are antibacterial diapers for puppies and adult dogs.
- Puppy Gray is a Ukrainian manufacturer of membrane rugs.
- Sanipet are good quality and inexpensive disposable diapers.
- Simple Solutions is a brand specializing in the production of reusable absorbent diaper mats.
Main selection criteria
When buying hygienic diapers for dogs, the owner needs to take into account some nuances.
What to look for:
- Product quality.
- The presence of additional functions – antibacterial properties, adhesive tapes for attaching to the tray, moisture indicator, etc.
- Correctly select the size of diapers, taking into account the breed and anatomical features of the pet.
- The number of pieces in bestdogfood.expert the best dog food storage container depending on the needs.
Products from American and European manufacturers are recognized as the highest quality. These diapers are the most expensive, but they are worth the money. Analogue and more affordable diapers are produced by domestic brands. But it’s better not to buy Chinese diapers and rugs, since according to many owners, they spread unpleasant odors and quickly become unusable.
How to accustom a puppy or an adult dog to diapers
It is necessary to accustom a puppy to a diaper used for a tray from the first days of his appearance in the house. It is better to lay the product in the bathroom or toilet room, leaving the door ajar so that the pet can always freely visit the toilet to relieve himself.
Diaper training tips for dogs:
- Start diaper toilet training your dog as soon as he wakes up. Take your pet to the toilet and put him on a bed, trying to explain what is required of him.
- If at first the dog basically does not go to the toilet on the litter, do not shout or punish him. This can frighten the animal and prevent positive toilet training results.
- If your dog has gone to the toilet on the mat, praise him, pat him on the head, or even give him a tasty treat as a reward.
- One member of the family should be responsible for diaper training.
- If there are difficulties, try to use a special diaper with enzymes to teach. Outgoing smells help to quickly accustom the dog to the place where you can celebrate natural needs.
Dogs are very smart animals that understand human speech well and are easily lending on. The main thing is not to fall into extremes and not show aggression. And in order for the process of accustoming to a diaper to go faster and easier, try to spend as much time as possible with your new friend, knowing the world and the rules of behavior in the house.