If your at home already lives on the active puppy of Jack Russell Terrier or you are just going to get a dog, you need to decide more than feed Jack Russell Terrier, what dry dog food or natural. It is impossible to combine the fooding of different types, and the transition between them occurs smoothly, within a couple of weeks. Regarding the benefit, each option has positive aspects, but we will learn more below.
The best ready-made feed for Jack Russell Terrier
If you think, what food to feed Jack Russell Terrier, it is better to pay attention to the food of the premium and holistics. For example, in Royal Canin, there is even a special line for the Jack Russell Breed.
Rating of the best food:
It is important that the nourishing for the puppy is with great energy value, since the pet is characterized by activity and mobility. But in order to avoid obesity, pay attention to the number of animal fats, carbohydrates. For this, holistics are recommended.
Choosing how to feed Jack Russell Terrier, first of all, turn to the stern of Royal Canin. Since it has a line of Royal Canin Jack Russell Terier Junior. It refers to the food for the premium class, produced in France and USA. There are ruler for small and medium breeds of dogs, for puppies and allergy sufferers.
- Corn or offal;
- Animal fats;
- Mineral and vitamin complexes.
The peculiarity of the nutrition is that there is a veterinary and therapeutic line, although natural meat is not in all rulers. Therefore, before buying, you need to carefully read the composition. Also, nutrition is not always suitable for dogs with acute allergies.
What else to feed the puppy Jack Russell Terrier? You can buy Hills food, which is produced by America and Europe, is considered a premium line.
Recommended rulers for Jack Russell Terrier:
- Science Plan – everyday food for different breeds;
- Presscription Die – for the treatment of diseases;
- Nature´s Best is the most full and healthy food.
The main components of nutrition:
- Meat – more than 50%;
- Corn and wheat;
By the way, in the diet of Hills there is a lot of protein and protein, which is important for the full development of the puppy, but with allergies it is better to choose a ruler without corn and wheat.
The probation is carried out by USA and Denmark, belongs to super premium feeds. The main advantages are a high meat content and the presence of only natural additives.
- Rice and barley;
- Fatty acid;
- Mineral and vitamin supplements;
- Egg powder.
Remember that in the manufacture of food, only natural meat is used, not offal. Hypoallergenic and therapeutic feeds, food for puppies and mature dogs have been developed. But finding food in stores is quite difficult.
Now Fresh power is made by Canada, like a non-constituent and the summit, belongs to the super premium class. For the pet, the Grain Free Adult line is more suitable, where the main components:
- Fresh meat;
- Rice and barley;
- Fresh salmon and poultry meat;
- Berries and fruits;
- Vitamin additives.
It is important that more than 25% of animal proteins are present in the stern, which are more useful than plant. And the characteristics include – the lack of corn and offal.
From what else you can feed Jack Russell Terrier, it is worth noting the food of Grandorf, which relates to holistics and is produced by Belgium. For a terrier puppy, Duck & Potato Recipe with nutrient ingredients, without preservatives and not leading to obesity.
- Meat (dried and fresh) at least 60%;
Not everyone pays attention, but it is in this nutrition that you will not find additives, flavors, offal, and the price will please. You can give food even puppies from the third month of life.
It is important that Grandorf is useful to give with digestive disease and to normalize the chair. At the same time, allergies and dermatitis is prevented.
Homemade Dog food for Jack Russell
Saying, how to properly feed Jack Russell Terrier at home, it is better to give only some natural food:
- Meat that makes up at least 60% of the diet. The beef, turkey and offal in the form of liver, kidneys are preferable;
- Porridge, like rice and oatmeal, at least 20% of the total nutrition;
- Milk in the form of cottage cheese, yogurt and milk. Although the last product is allowed in the absence of lactose intolerance in a dog;
- Sea fish in cheese or boiled form without bones;
- Fruits in the form of apples, pears and bananas.
Royal canin jack russell dog food review
When feeding the puppies by natural, remember that it is impossible to use seasonings, butter, sugar and sauces, as well as give too sweet fruits.
Proper nutrition and frequency
Not many are known about how best to feed the puppy Jack Russell Terrier. So the basic rules of feeding puppies include:
- First, it is better to give the same food as the breeder;
- A monthly puppy is fed with milk with a nipple, later included cottage cheese in the diet, low-fat chicken meat and oatmeal;
- Feeding feed begins in the third month of life;
- Food should be at room temperature in a homogeneous form;
- You can give bones, but large and from the year of life (to strengthen teeth and the development of the chewing apparatus).
Also, keep in mind not only how it is better to feed, but how many times a day to feed:
- In 2-3 months, food is given five times a day;
- At 3-6 months four times;
- 6-8 months the pet receives food three times;
- And from 8-10 months they switch to a two time meal.
The best ready-made food for the puppies Jack Russell Terrier is considered: Ekanube Pappy, Royal Chanin Pappy Medium, Pappy summit, Caanide Pappy.
The average portion of power for an adult dog is 100-150 g per day, but subject to constant activity and frequent walks. In the presence of scraps in the plate, the appearance of excess weight, it is better to reduce a portion or switch to a dietary diet.
Diseases and prevention using feed
Like all animals, Jack Russell Terrier suffers from various diseases, but they can be avoided by conducting prevention with special feed. It is worth preferring holistics, super premium food, veterinary diets.
Choose them depending on the disease:
- Tartar and gum inflammation is treated with the stern of Royal Canin and Grandorf;
- The formation of a skeleton and strengthening the motor apparatus – a summit and canide;
- Problems of digestion and allergies do not occur when feeding with Artemis, probability.
Do not forget about vitamin and mineral additives, sometimes the use of gels or tablet drugs is required.
That you can’t give Jack Russell Terrier
Do not forget that there is a list of what is forbidden to feed Jack Russell Terrier:
- Fat meat;
- Rolls and other sweets;
- Chicken yolk;
- Offal in the form of bones;
- Pickles and smoked products;
- Grapes, prunes and walnuts;
- Sausage and pasta.
Also, you can’t give the pet overdue products, fast food, colored drinks and citrus fruits. Although the liver in an excess can be dangerous for the health of the terrier.