NOW FRESH dog food review is one of the keys to a dog’s health. Super Premium foods are rich in vitamins and minerals and are optimal as a daily diet. However, this variety places the choice before the consumer. Which product to choose? Now dog food is one of the top 10 super-premium products and is natural and high quality. Now fresh is the best fresh dog food. It replenishes 100% of your dog’s body’s need for essential nutrients.
Where to buy NOW FRESH dog food?
View all NOW FRESH products on Chewy:
Discover NOW FRESH dog food on Amazon:
Composition of Now Fresh and Now Natural
The developer of Now dry pellets formula is Petcurean company, founded in 1999 in Canada. It is one of the well-known manufacturers of food made of quality and environmentally friendly ingredients.
Holistic products of Now brand are grain-free products based on meat fillet of the highest grade. Their composition respects the balance of proteins and fats and does not contain secondary meat products, fragrances, and synthetic dyes. The products are divided into two varieties:
- NOW FRESH – suitable for dogs of all breeds;
- Now Natural holistic – for pets prone to overweight.
The product contains natural ingredients and mineral additives. The food is rich in protein, the main source of which is meat or fish fillet. Pieces of berries make up for vitamin deficiencies, and vegetable oils enrich the animal’s body with valuable fats.
The basic composition of dry Now fresh dog food review
Now fresh dog food review:
- Fillet of meat or fish (lamb, venison, duck, turkey, salmon, trout). Combinations of several delicacies in one product are not uncommon.
- Whole dried egg is an additional source of easily digestible protein. Enrich the diet with vitamins D, A, B12, iron, selenium, and amino acids.
- Vegetable crops: potato tubers, carrots, pumpkin, asparagus, etc. They make up for fiber and carbohydrate deficiencies.
- Berries – blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, and some kinds of fruits, including tropical fruits. They contain vitamins and substances that neutralize free radicals. They may also improve the function of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Plant spices: rosemary, mint leaves, parsley, flax seeds, etc.
In addition, to the basic elements, the pellets are rich in prebiotics, enzymes, polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamins (including B9), antioxidants, minerals.
What makes NOW FRESH food better
Thanks to its completely grain-free formula, Now is great for feeding dogs prone to food allergies. is also free of beef and chicken, the most common allergens.
Roasted Venison & Bison
Now Fresh and Now Natural holistic are divided into three types:
- For large dogs;
- For small and medium-sized dogs;
- Universal food, which is suitable for all breeds.
Each type is divided into separate groups according to age: for puppies, adult pets, aging dogs. For pets with delicate digestive systems, Grain Free Fish is ideal.
A rich assortment allows you to choose food for your pet without any problems. Although there is a universal food available, the best option is to use the type of dry product appropriate to the age and size of the dog.
NOW FRESH Puppy Food Review
To avoid abnormalities in development and growth, puppies need a balanced diet. Now dry pellets contain a complex of substances that help build bones and strengthen the immune system. These products are recommended for daily feeding of babies from 2 months to 1.3 years old and are divided into several series:
- All-purpose food – Now Fresh Puppy Food. Its main meat components are fillets: duck, turkey, salmon.
- For large breed babies, Large Breed is recommended. The product contains 16% fat and L-carnitine.
- A series called Small Breed is used for baby dogs of small breeds. It is also suitable for adult dogs and aging pets of smaller sizes.
Best adult dog food Review
Dogs of reproductive age need a diet that helps maintain muscle mass and avoid gaining excess weight. Now is a breed-specific formula designed for dogs one to six years old. Firstly, NOW Fresh makes boneless turkey food for adult small breed dogs. Secondly, NOW Fresh creates boneless turkey, salmon, and duck food for adult large breed dogs. Also, Adult Dog Food is suitable for all adults. It normalizes the gastrointestinal system and the condition of the skin.
For large breeds, the food contains more protein and less fat. Vegetable crops and whole berry pieces are used as vitamin supplements. For pets who are overweight, Grain Free red Meat with lamb and deer fillet is the right choice. In addition to high-quality meat and a rich assortment of fruits and vegetables, it contains coconut and rapeseed oils to improve the coat appearance.
Now Fresh Grain-Free Large Breed Adult Recipe Dry Dog Food
We partner with www.chewy.com and www.amazon.com, if you buy food through these links, you’ll help us offset the cost of our free reviews.
Small Breed Adult Recipe
Senior Fresh dog food review
NOW FRESH Grain-Free Large breed senior recipe dry dog food. The manufacturer offers Grain Free Fish with trout, salmon, and herring for older dogs with gastrointestinal problems and sensitive skin. These hypoallergenic pellets are also recommended for pets with an inability to digest certain food components.
Now fresh dog food review offers a Senior Dog universal food for all types of senior pets, especially for dogs who, because of their age, do not exercise much. For large breeds, Senior Large Breed with turkey fillet is the right choice. Its components improve the function of the cardiovascular system and the musculoskeletal system. Compare with the ingredients and composition of Orijen premium senior dog food.
The amount of food needed per day depends on the size and age of the dog. The optimal daily food allowance is calculated by the manufacturer and printed on the back of the package.
If your pet was previously fed another brand of food, switch to the new product slowly, as the digestive system needs to adapt. Because of Now’s high quality, switching is easier and faster than switching to any other food. This is confirmed by the positive feedback from veterinarians and dog owners.
Recommended transition scheme:
- Days 1 to 3 – 10% of the usual diet to replace the new food. The unfamiliar product should not be given at once, but in several portions over the course of a day.
- From day 4 to day 6 – the new food is 20% of the diet. The principle of introduction is the same.
- From day 7 until 100% – gradually increase the proportion of new food by 10% with the same frequency. If the dog becomes upset stomach or vomits, the transition can be slowed down.
When feeding dry food, provide the dog with free access to clean water. Its lack in the daily diet is fraught with kidney problems. Some owners add liquid directly to the pellets. This is acceptable, but melted wet food spoils quickly, so leftovers must be stored in the refrigerator.
Reviews of Now Fresh dog food from veterinarians
– There was a case where a young male Chihuahua was brought in for an appointment with an allergy to all grain products. Feeding grain-free premium food of different firms as was the reason that the dog began to rapidly grow fat. Upon my advice, the pet was switched to Now Small Breed, which contains the required minimum of fat. As a result, the animal was able to lose excess weight.
Daniel Hall, 45
– This product was a godsend. Natural fresh meat, which occupies more than 40% of the composition, vegetable and fruit crops, various spices, the absence of chemical components – all this has a positive effect on the health of the dog.
Foods of Now line can be fully considered one of the best holistic. The presence of such qualities as natural, balanced, nutritious and healthy justifies its high price. Many dog owners speak positively about this product and consider it a godsend for their pets.
Bridget Edwards, 37