Dogs for most people are not just pets, but members of their families, who are surrounded by love and care. Properly selected nutrition is an important part of favorites, because their health and mood depends on it. Many dog owners prefer to feed them with ready-made feed of super-premium class, which provide the animal with all the necessary substances.
- 3. 1 Husse digest
- 3. 2 1st choice
- 3. 3 go! Natural Holistic Sensitivity + Shine Venison Recipe DF
- 3. 4 Acana Puppy & Junior
- 3. 5 Wolfsblut
- 3. 6 Savarra
- 4. 1 Probalance
- 4. 2 Brit Care
- 4. 3 Abba Premium
- 4. 4 Nutra Gold
- 4. 5 karmy
- 4. 6 Carnilove
- 4. 7 mira
Rules for choosing food
When choosing dry dog food for dogs, owners need to take into account some important points, among which they highlight:
- The age of the pet, here the food is divided into four main groups: a starter designed for food, the puppies of which were only excommunicated from their mother, a junior, developed for dogs up to a year, the diet “Adult” – from 1 to 7 years old, the last group is suitable for feeding animalsat the age of 8 yearsch a separation is made not just like that, the fact is that, depending on age, the needs of the body for beneficial substances also change, it is these features that manufacturers take into account when creating feed.
- The size of the animal, some breeds of very small sizes, and it is logical to assume that they simply cannot physically chew large granules. Manufacturers take into account physical capabilities and produce feed with granules of different sizes.
- The activity of the animal, this factor is taken into account when choosing nutrition, there are several categories of feed so, for example, there are asset and energy, these species are designed for hunting rocks and sports dogs, normal and standard – two options that should be fed young and active animals, the following seriesSenor is developed taking into account the energy costs of dogs aged.
- Types of diets, several types of them, are therapeutic, designed for those dogs that have health problems, veterinarians select such food taking into account the available problems, specialized, select in the presence of chronic pathologies and deviations, for example, after sterilization, with a tendency to obesity or obesity orIf excess weight is already available. Everyday – such a diet is designed for healthy animals; Regardless of what type of feed is required, it should be remembered that it is necessary to observe the dosage during feeding, otherwise you can even harm health.
- The breed of dogs is also taken into account when choosing. Specialists have long been feeding on the characteristics of breeds, for example, breeds with wool that have water-repellent properties, foods are necessary, rich in fatty acids and substances that support the health of the skin and wool. For those breeds whose teeth are prone to the formation of stone, products rich in calcium compounds are produced.
- Wet or dry, veterinarians recommend combining these two types of feed, as well as add various goodies.
- Feed class: economy, have low cost and appropriate quality, choosing such a class should be understood that it is unlikely to contain meat that is so necessary for normal development. Having decided to buy such products, you should first consult a doctor or breeder. Premium, well balanced and contains meatch a product will provide all the necessary elements with the body of the pet per-premium products are considered the best option when choosing, it contains a large amount of meat or fish, and also does not contain vegetable fats and artificial additives.
The choice of suitable feed can be carried out both independently and after consulting with a veterinarian. Before purchasing, you should carefully study the composition in which there should not be such components as sugar, preservatives or dyes.
Considering the food of the super-premium class, you should know that the composition should include, first of all, such an ingredient as:
- Protein, its main source is meat, fish, as well as offal, such as the heart, liver. The presence of plant protein, which is contained in potatoes, rice, barley and oats, is also possible in this class of food, but only in small quantities and not in the form of corn and wheat.
- Conserviers or antioxidants are allowed only to natural origin, as a rule, it is rosemary, vitamin C or a mixture of tocopherols. If in the content section it is simply written by antioxidants, then it only remains to guess what kind of natural or artificial they are.
- Other components include eggs or egg powder, various vegetables or fruits, minerals and vitamins, as well as herbs, algae and other useful components.
It should be remembered that often in dogs there are allergic reactions to certain foods, in animals sometimes digestive, diarrhea and skin rashes are observed. All this may not talk about not high-quality, but about incorrectly selected food or reaction to only one ingredient entering it.
So, before buying, you should carefully study the composition, it is indicated on the package, in the first place is usually written the product that is most, then the components in descending. In addition to what the product is made of, the packaging contains such information as the name, and what breeds are suitable for food.
Rating of the best super-premium dog feed for 2023
Dog feed manufacturers are a lot, but not all of them meet the requirements. Among the presented products, according to buyers, you can make a list of those brands that differ in natural composition and are safe for pets.
The Swedish brand is engaged in the production of premium feed for pets, the main components of the components are lambs and rice, which and the other in the product are 25%. Easily acquired ingredients of which in production are used in the production of a minimum amount, perfect for dogs with a sensitive digestive system and prone to food allergies. Among the components there are salmon, rice flour, animal fat and other food additives necessary for the body.
- The main part is from meat;
- There are no components that cause allergies;
- Well-balanced composition;
- Suitable for sensitive digestion.
- High price;
- You can rarely meet in stores.
1st Choice feed of a Canadian brand is produced for various categories of dogs. The main part of the composition is flour of chicken, lamb, duck or herring. In addition, it includes oatmeal cereals, rice, barley, and also in some types you can find potato flour, when summing up the share of additional components exceeds the share of meat. The granules are enriched with fiber, which is represented in the form of a beet pulp and tomato, omega-3 and omega-6 acids,l-carnitine. As well as Extracts of Qicoria and Yucci Shidiger, which improve digestive processes. Contained in the stern and calcium propionate, it belongs to artificial preservatives who can have an unpleasant effect on the body. The brand produces several lines intended for adults and puppies, for large and medium-sized breeds and hypoallergenic appearance.
- There are no shower cereals;
- Several lines are produced;
- Contains meat;
- A good balance of substances.
- There is an artificial preservative;
- The price is high.
Canadian food, the main ingredient of which is Venisonitable for nutrition of various breeds of dogs, from miniature ending with large rocks. Products are suitable for nutrition of animals suffering from digestive system disorders, as well as those who are prone to allergic reactions. Probiotics included in the composition have a positive effect on the work of internal organs, contributing to digestion. Omega acids have a positive effect on the wool, the immune system is supported by fruits and vegetables that make up the composition. Among the components there are no offal, GMOs, soybeans, as well as corn, among additives you can find lentils, peas, oatmeal, brown rice. Some brands contain meat of lamb, salmon, turkey and so on.
- Properly balanced composition;
- Ingredients of natural origin;
- Restores the digestive system;
- The packaging has a fastener.
- Not all animals evaluate taste;
Acana Puppy & Junior Canadian production refers to the premium class and is designed specifically for medium breed puppies. The formula was created taking into account the characteristics of dog growth at a young age, as a rule, babies develop and grow rapidly, and they need nutrients that contribute to this process. Among the main components, the meat of chickens is distinguished in dry and raw form, a dried turkey, chicken offal such as liver, heart, flounder, herring, eggs, as well as stall beans and yellow peas. In addition, algae and fruits are added.
- Natural ingredients;
- A lot of meat;
- Correct proportions of products that contribute to the development of puppies.
Wolfsblut food of English-German production is made according to the formula, which is as close as possible to the natural nutrition of predators. The main ingredient in feed is meat, cereal crops are not included in the formula. The meat contains at least 50-60%, while manufacturers use not only common varieties, such as lambs, salmon, turkey, but also exotic, for example, buffalo meat, kangaroo, pheasant and many others. The product contains a large number of plant additives that are beneficial for the body, vegetables, fruits and vitamins. Depending on the species in the formula, you can find vegetables, potatoes, battles, beets, carrots, tomatoes, as well as seaweed and apples. Before purchasing, you should carefully study the composition of one or another type, since some contain a lot of potatoes (40%).
- Meat products are most of it;
- There is meat of exotic animals;
- Contains only natural products;
- Suitable for allergies.
- It is necessary to study the composition;
- It is not common on the shelves.
The country by the manufacturer of this food is the UK, it occupies one of the first places among the class of soup-premium. The main component of products is meat, lamb, ducks or turkey, which contains from 63 to 71%, then there are vegetables, eggs, salmon, natural flavors and various additives are present. For the formation of bones and joints, substances such as glucosamine, chondroitin, methyl sulfonylmetatan are added. Savarra does not include cheap grain crops, but there are brown and white rice, as well as barley percentage of which is quite high. The manufacturer produces a product of several species for adult animals large and small sizes, for large puppies, as well as a hypoallergenic product for puppies of small breeds.
- A lot of meat;
- There are no cheap cereals.
The country of this brand is Denmark, but they produce it in USA, despite its budget value, the product refers to the super-premium class, which is not inferior in quality to foreign manufacturers. Dried poultry meat occupies 26% of the total, but what kind of bird, manufacturers do not indicate what causes some suspicions, since it can be both chicken and pigeons. Cereal crops in the form of rice, oats, barley are also added and in total exceeds the share of the meat component, there are plant and animal fats, egg flour and mineral additives. Also, among the ingredients, there are preservatives of artificial origin such as E320 and E321, the effect of which is evaluated in different ways on the body, and most of the manufacturers have already abandoned their use, replacing additives with natural ones. Despite this, many prefer this stern. It does not contain products such as millet and corn, which do not rarely cause an allergic reaction. Of the obvious shortcomings of the manufacturer, the absence of a clear difference between the line of feed is distinguished, which causes difficulties in selecting nutrition for animals in size, breeds and so on.
- Does not contain potential allergens;
- There is meat.
- Not all dogs are suitable;
- The differences between the lineups are not indicated;
- The presence of artificial preservatives.
Czech-made Brit Care contains a high amount of meat, from about 31 to 45%, potatoes are also present inside the goods, it was added up to 34%, so this was significantly reflected in the cost. Most of the line does not include additives that can cause an allergic reaction. The assortment of this brand is large, there is a diet developed taking into account age-related changes, features of rocks, pregnant females, as well as for dogs with individual characteristics.
- Good composition;
- Big choice.
- In some types there are plant additives.
Abba Premium is produced in the Netherlands and is developed mainly for adult medium-sized pets. Most of the about 60% is lamb meat, in some species among components there are corn, legumes and rice, but there are species of beer, they add potatoes or potato starch. The products have a wide line and different meat composition, which occupies most of the components, and also contains a large number of trace elements that are useful for dogs.
- A lot of animal protein;
- Many useful trace elements;
- The meat composition depends on the food line;
- Affordable price.
- Not found in all stores.
American-made Nutra Gold ProBreeder products are considered optimal in terms of price and quality. The varied composition contains chicken meat, which is at least 20%, chicken meal, poultry giblets, fat and egg products are also added, but unfortunately the manufacturer does not indicate in what percentage. About 18% are cereals, they are presented in the form of rice flour, which does not cause allergies. Other ingredients include natural vitamin supplements such as chicken cartilage (chondroitin), shellfish meal (glucosamine), tocopherols, and flaxseed.
- The diet is suitable for many breeds and ages;
- Does not contain artificial preservatives and additives that can cause an allergic reaction;
- Contains meat additives;
- Not every component has a content percentage;
- There is no series for dogs with special needs.
American-made Karmy feed can be safely attributed to the super-premium class, dried meat products are taken as the basis, it can be lamb, veal, turkey or salmon, their percentage varies from 27 to 38%. Additionally, salmon fat is included as a source of omega acids. The next component is rice, the percentage is not indicated, but it is not enough. The source of fiber in this brand are dried apples and sea kale. Each of the manufacturer’s lines contains probiotics, chondroxide, glucosamine and also Yucca Schidigera extract. Natural substances vitamins C and E are used as preservatives. The manufacturer has many different product lines that are suitable for different ages and breeds, as well as for pets with special needs, for example, those prone to allergies and obesity. But, considering the composition, we can say that the separation is not too noticeable.
- Natural ingredients;
- Meat composition up to 40%;
- No artificial additives;
- Balanced vitamin complex.
- The components are presented in dry form;
- Not available in all stores.
Carnilove is produced by the same brand that produces Brit view more, a product in its composition that is no worse than the expensive Wolfsblut brand. In the manufacture, exotic types of meat of wild animals are also used, such as wild boar, deer, ostrich and so on. There are species with the usual meat additives, for example, chicken, turkey, lamb, rabbit. The manufacturer does not use potatoes, replacing them with legumes, which are added in small quantities. As additional ingredients, the composition includes berries, fruits and vegetables, as well as various herbs, seaweed and other beneficial substances.
- Does not contain cheap components;
- Good quality;
- Balanced diet.
- Rarely found in retail stores;
- Meat is added in dried form.
This product is produced in Germany and is very popular in Europe. In some lines, the main ingredients are fresh meat, in others, high-quality animal protein. The buyer can choose the food taking into account the size, age, as well as the desired composition. There are natural additives among the components that have a positive effect on the pet’s body. Rice has been added as a natural hypoallergenic carbohydrate, and there are also types that do not contain cereals. Pets like the products of this brand, and the owners also notice a positive effect on the body of animals, which makes it so popular.
- Quality ingredients;
- Wide choose;
- No artificial and allergic additives.
Properly selected nutrition is the key to the health and activity of a pet. As you know, almost all breeds of dogs prefer an active lifestyle that requires high energy costs and stress on the entire body. Therefore, veterinarians recommend choosing high-quality food, taking into account all the needs of the animal’s body. Currently, on the shelves you can find food for any requirements and needs, but first you should familiarize yourself with their composition and consult a doctor.