Dry dog food for the Yorkshire terrier is more suitable than natural food, due to balance. It is better to choose super-premium, premium and holistics from finished products. Avoid economy class (made from poor-quality raw materials), always look at the expiration date of the product.
Rating of the 10 best dry feed for the Yorkshire Terrier
|1||1st Choice Breeders for miniature chicken breeds (20 kg)||5. 0 / 5||7335|
|2||Pronature Holistic (for miniature rocks) (0. 34 kg)||5. 0 / 5||435|
|3||Orijen Original (6 kg)||4. 9 / 5||3840|
|4||Go! Natural Holistic (Holistic menu) Go & Now Natural (690 g)||4. 9 / 5||424|
|5||Ontario "Mini Weight Control" for dogs of small breeds, with turkey and potatoes (2. 25 kg)||4. 8 / 5||799|
|6||Now Fresh salmon, duck, turkey (2. 72 kg) (for miniature breeds)||4. 8 / 5||1569|
|7||Acana Heritage (6 kg) (for small breeds)||4. 8 / 5||3404|
|8||Wolfsblut Grey Peak Small Breed (15 kg)||4. 8 / 5||6342|
|9||Grandorf (3 kg) lambs with rice mini||4. 7 / 5||1600|
|10||Royal Canin for the health of the skin and wool of 2 kg (for small breeds)||4. 7 / 5||625|
York is a faithful friend. The dog requires a certain care: diet and diet.
The initial stage (up to 1 month) – nutrition of mother’s milk.
- The resistance of the body of the puppy to diseases;
- Lack of disorders in the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
From 1 month they are undergoing top dressing. Use dry feed or canned food.
What Yorki needs:
- A complex that contains vitamins for the formation of a beautiful and healthy woolen cover;
- The presence of calcium and phosphorus in the composition.
It is better to use feed for the Yorkshire Terrier with the inscription "Super-Primeum". They have a convenient method of admission – granules in a reduced form. The composition includes vitamins and trace elements for the growth of a pet.
Important information for the owner: reading the instructions specified on the back of the packaging. There is a table that reflects the right amount of food for a certain age.
- Overeating is unacceptable.
- 20 minutes – the time in which the pet must be fitted.
- Access to clean water (with dry feeding).
Which is not suitable for the breed: economy feed is class. Contain an excess amount of dyes and cereals. Dogs have allergic reactions and problems with the stomach and intestines.
1st Choice Breeders for miniature chicken breeds (20 kg)
The best option is among super-premium feed. It consists of high-quality meat, vegetables, does not contain unnecessary third-rate components and offal. There are no flavor enhancers, smell, and other artificial additives.
The price per kilogram (366 /kg) is a budget for a product of this quality. Product, there is a huge range of feed for small breeds with other tastes, hypoallergenic species that are suitable for animals with a tendency to allergies.
- There is no unpleasant odor, the mouth of the animal does not smell after eating;
- The condition of the wool improves;
- It does not cause digestion disorders, is suitable for animals with a weak gastrointestinal tract;
- Each product product is balanced in accordance with the age of the animals for which it is intended (this product for adult miniature dogs contains the necessary 22 % protein);
- Does not cause allergies;
- Convenient packaging with a fastener, the product is not exhausted.
- It has the form of granules, which in an unexplored form are much more difficult to digest;
- It is difficult to find in pet stores.
Pronature Holistic (for miniature rocks) (0. 34 kg)
The best option from holistics. The composition contains minerals, animal proteins, trace elements, vitamins. It consists of meat, fish, egg products, berries, fruits, vegetables, does not contain corn, wheat, soybeans, and other grain crops.
Chemical preservatives, amplifiers of aroma, taste are completely absent. Veterinarians consider the products of this brand one of the best for constant feeding dogs of miniature breeds.
- High calorie content, the dog remains well-fed for a long time, at a small portion;
- The appearance of the wool with constant nutrition of the holistic improves;
- The absence of problems with the gastrointestinal tract is well absorbed by the animal's body;
- Suitable for dogs with intolerance to certain products;
- After eating, the mouth of the animal does not smell;
- Small packaging has a comfortable fastener, the food is not exhausted.
- Does not cause allergies;
- Convenient packaging with a fastener, the product is not exhausted.
- It is not found in all pet stores.
Orijen Original (6 kg)
The product is super-premium, suitable for all breeds, and for small ones. It includes high-quality fish and meat, the content of which reaches records among other dry feeds 80%, beneficial herbs (dandelion, mint, turmeric).
All these ingredients affect the strengthening of dog immunity. It does not contain third-rate offal, chemical preservatives, flavor amplifiers, aroma, plant proteins, gluten, and cereals. Orijen is suitable for active miniature dogs.
- Record high content of animal protein;
- Does not cause allergies;
- The composition contains several types of fish.
- The absence of a fastener on the best dog food storage container so that the food does not run out of steam, it will have to be poured into a closed container;
- A strong odor and a noticeable but short-lived odor from the animal's mouth;
- Occasionally, problems with the gastrointestinal tract are possible.
Go! Natural Holistic (Holistic menu) Go & Now Natural (690 g)
Suitable for all breeds of dogs, especially miniature ones. It contains only natural ingredients, calf meat, turkey, lamb, duck, fruits, berries, vegetables.
The product is perfectly balanced, contains the necessary animal proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, microelements, acids, there are no harmful soybeans, preservatives, odor and taste enhancers, low-quality by-products. All components retain their properties due to gentle processing.
- Convenient sealed packaging with a zipper: the food does not exhale and does not lose its properties;
- The amount of excrement is significantly reduced, and their smell becomes less pronounced;
- High calorie content, the dog remains full for a long time;
- The coat becomes more shiny and smooth in appearance with prolonged constant feeding;
- Does not cause allergies, problems with teeth;
- The condition of the skin and eyes improves markedly over time;
- Can be found in every pet store;
- Does not have a pronounced odor.
- Large granules that are poorly digested if the dog does not chew them;
- Possible smell from the mouth of the animal;
- Occasionally there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Ontario Mini Weight Control with Turkey and Potatoes (2. 25kg)
Czech super-premium product. Recommended by veterinarians due to its perfectly balanced composition. Does not contain cereals and cereals. The composition includes high quality fish, meat products, vegetables (eg tomatoes).
There are no low-quality ingredients, chemical preservatives, meat and bone mealitable for dogs with overweight problems.
- High content of lycopenes;
- Suitable for dogs with poor health, having problems with joints and immunity;
- Does not cause a bad smell from the animal's mouth;
- All useful trace elements in the form of chelates are absorbed by the dog's body by 100%;
- Small granules that are easily digested;
- Common in pet stores;
- Sealed zip-top packaging.
- Pronounced odor.
Now FRESH salmon, duck, turkey (2. 72 kg)
Canadian quality holistic. The products of this brand do not include cereals, offal, chemical preservatives, amplifiers of aroma, taste.
High-quality meat, vegetables, cereals support the desired level of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the animal’s body.
- Non-fastened packaging;
- Large granules can be poorly digested if they do not burn them.
- Pronounced odor.
Acana Heritage (6 kg) (for small breeds)
Canadian product is a good choice for a miniature dog. It is suitable for both active animals and completely lazy. Feed is a holistic, that is, it contains only natural ingredients in the composition.
There are no cheap low-quality components in the products of this brand, there are completely no forage wheat and bone flour. Only meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, dairy products of high quality are contained.
- High concentration of animal proteins;
- Fresh ingredients;
- There are no carbohydrates (the dog’s body does not need them);
- A variety of fruits, vegetables, tonic herbs in the composition that strengthen the heart and improve the state of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Reduces the level of insulin, strengthens the liver;
- High-quality packaging.
- Can cause allergies;
- Noticeable fish smell;
- High fat content.
Wolfsblut Grey Peak Small Breed (15 kg)
German high-quality holistic. The products of this brand include only those components that are easily absorbed by the dog’s body, without causing any digestive problems.
There are no wheat, oats, corn, starch and gluten. The meat is more than half of the food – this is cod, mackerel, picks, pheasant, rabbit, trout, salmon, lamb.
- Excellent balance of vitamins, minerals, useful additives;
- Complete absence of chemical ingredients (taste and aromatic amplifiers and dyes);
- Moderate granules;
- Lack of a pronounced smell;
- High-quality elegant packaging;
- The brand has an official bestdogfood.Expert with a detailed description of the product and instructions;
- The condition of the wool improves.
- Rarely available in pet stores;
- In isolated cases, can cause constipation
Grandorf (3 kg) lambs with rice mini
Suitable for a small breed dog. Veterinarians often mention this brand as the most suitable for dogs prone to allergies. There are completely no chicken and cereals.
In addition to meat, contains components such as vegetables and cereals. It is better to take such food for an active dog. If she is lazy, then Grandorf will cause her excess weight.
- High meat content — >60 %;
- High calorie content, the dog will be well-fed for a long time;
- Lack of chemical flavors and additives;
- Improves the condition of the gastrointestinal tract, the restoration of intestinal microflora (and even shown to those dogs that have digestive problems);
- Improves the condition of the wool.
- High fat content, lazy dog will quickly gain excess weight.
Royal Canin for the health of the skin and wool of 2 kg (for small breeds)
Famous French feed of super-premium class. It differs in good quality, but lower than that of competitors (which was mentioned in paragraphs 1-9).
Royal Canin Mini includes grain crops and vegetable proteins.
- Does not cause allergies;
- Nutritious, but does not cause excess weight in the animal (the energy intensity of the diet and the content of protein in the product are precisely calculated);
- Available in many pet stores;
- High-quality packaging;
- Moderate granules;
- Restoration of the state of wool;
- Contains sodium polyphosphate, which prevents the formation of a denture;
- The composition includes many useful trace elements;
- Improving digestion.
- With constant feeding, this feed should not be dispensed with additional additives with vitamins and trace elements;
- Uncomfortable packaging without fastening;
- Contains poorly absorbed cereals and artificial additives (preservatives, dyes.);
Among these feeds, the best choice for a miniature animal will be 1st Choice Breeders for miniature chicken breeds (20 kg) and Wolfsblut Grey Peak Small Breed (15 kg).
The first is the highest quality, and at the same time inexpensive feed of the super-premium class.
The second is natural holistic, and the brand has a detailed official bestdogfood.Expert with all the information on feed and instructions.
Both products have a minimum of disadvantages that are overlapped by the advantages of the balance of useful substances, vitamins, trace elements and the absence of harmful preservatives to convenient packaging.
Recommendations for feeding miniature dogs
To preserve the health of a small dog, it is important to consider recommendations and tips for feeding and maintaining the animal's diet:
- It is advisable to use dry dog food daily to miniature breeds. It is due to the fact that they often have diseases of the oral cavity: gum inflammation, an unpleasant odor of the mouth, teeth, abundant deposition of tartar. Diseases develop faster than that of large individuals. Holistic feeds are preferred, they do not have dyes, preservatives, and offal. Dry dog food reduces the risk of these diseases, but not a panacea.
- The diet should include wet types of food. In miniature dogs, a tendency to diseases of the urinary system, due to their size, the kidneys produce a small amount of urine in which there is a concentration of harmful inorganic substances. Wet dog food helps to saturate the body with additional fluid, prevents the appearance of formations in the urinary system. It is undesirable to mix dry and wet dog food, it is better to offer them to the animal at different times.
- Do not choose food supplements for the animal and do not give food from your table. The advantage of ready-made dry feed is a balancebstances in which the dog needs, are available in the correct quantity. There are many salt, fat, spices, and other harmful substances from the table. The dog, the basis of the diet of which is dry dog food, does not need additional biological additives. An excess of vitamins is more harmful than their drawback.
- Do not overfeed. Small individuals have a tendency to obesity. If you do not control the number of servings in a bowl, then over time the animal may have excess weight. On the best dog food storage containers of the finished dry dog food, there is a table according to the size of the portions and the frequency of feeding. Compliance with these norms will protect the dog from problems with weight.
What vitamins are needed when feeding small dogs of dogs
If the dog’s diet consists of natural food, ready-made vitamin complexes will serve as an additional source of vitamins and minerals. In the market for animal goods there are many types of multivitamins and vitamins of a narrow direction developed for small dog breeds.
The vitamin multicompplex solves the problem with a lack of vitamins in the body of an adult animal.
For example, Pharmatitis Asset, Wolmar Winsome Pro Bio Booster Ca Mini or Galakan Champion. These food additives are designed for dogs of small breeds, hypoallergenic, do not cause side effects.
How to feed the puppies of dogs of small breeds
When the puppy was only born, its digestion system follows the path of formation, the diet from the right products is the key to health for years. Newborn puppies can be finished with milk or specialized mixture. At the age of about 1-3 months, you need to feed puppies with natural food: low-fat meat, eggs, fish, porridge, sour-milk kitchen.
The protein should be at least 70 % of the diet. In the rest of the diet, add useful fats and boiled vegetablesch a menu may seem boring to a person, but puppies do not need a variety of products.
Their gastrointestinal tract only learns to learn food, preferences are given to simple and useful products. The diet should not contain fatty, fried, sweet foods, they are prohibited by puppies, and cause serious health and digestion problems.
If a miniature dog has digestive problems due to food
A common reason for contacting the veterinarian is the problems of the gastrointestinal tract. Not a single animal is safe from them.
The reasons for their appearance are usually similar: either a specific brand of ready-made dry or humid feed is not suitable for the animal, or the owner decides to save and buys cheap food brands that have not balanced and even harmful composition.
The most common digestive disorders are:
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Allergy provoking the appearance of a skin reaction
- Intolerance to the components that make up the finished feed
- Uncontrolled vomiting
With each of these symptoms, the dog should be shown to the veterinarian to establish an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment. Self-medication or independent diagnosis is fraught with the appearance of new diseases. If you do not revise the diet of the dog, then over time, small problems with the gastrointestinal tract will lead to the development of chronic diseases of internal organs.
Mostly the damage will be caused to stomach and liver, different parts of the intestine.
To solve the problem, it is enough to change the brand of food by choosing a diet without harmful and poorly assimilated components. A competent veterinarian can advise which food is better to introduce, relying on the health of a particular dog. They change the food gradually, too sharply the change will provoke a strong digestive disorder. The replacement should be replaced within a week, mixing a new type of feed to the old.
Nutrian diet of a pregnant miniature dog
Petament of the pet is an important point, it is necessary to organize the correct diet for the animal. It is advisable to avoid sharp changes in the diet, pregnancy is stress for a pet and a change of diet can aggravate the condition of the pet. The main part of the menu should be animal proteins. The advantage towards quick carbohydrates and fats can provoke overweight.
It is better to choose a premium food for a pregnant female dog, they have a good composition, and they contain a balanced set of vitamins and minerals necessary for a pregnant animal. It is important to monitor consumed portions. Excessive feeding is fraught with a set of excess weight, feeding a pet for two and for three is not necessary. Additional weight is able to weaken the birth activity in the dog, add an inflated load on the internal organs.
In the first half of pregnancy, the animal is fed according to the usual graphics, maintaining the size of the portions that was before pregnancy. In order to avoid weight gain, small pets need to maintain activity, but remember – you should not overwork the animal on demolitions. If it was decided to transfer the animal to another food, then the best time for this is the first half of pregnancy. The transition is carried out smoothly, on average about 8-10 days. If the new food did not fit a specific pet, the return to the former should be gradual.
In the second half of pregnancy, active growth of puppies begins in the womb, if before that excessive nutrition has gone to the excess weight of the pet, now all the surpluses will go to nutrition of the fruits. The body of the animal gives all its resources to offspring. It is important to gradually increase the diet of a pet, by the end of pregnancy, the bitch should receive about 30% more food than usual.
There are periods when the female decreases or disappears. It is not necessary to feed for force when the dog feels better, she will begin to eat right again. During this period, it is better to offer food often in small portions. During pregnancy, the uterus strongly squeezes the internal organs, and large portions of food will worsen the condition, and the lack of food will provoke the birth of weakened offspring.
- Rating of the 10 best dry feed for the Yorkshire Terrier
- 1st Choice Breeders for miniature chicken breeds (20 kg)
- Pronature Holistic (for miniature rocks) (0. 34 kg)
- Orijen Original (6 kg)
- Go! Natural Holistic (Holistic menu) Go & Now Natural (690 g)
- Ontario Mini Weight Control with Turkey and Potatoes (2. 25kg)
- Now FRESH salmon, duck, turkey (2. 72 kg)
- Acana Heritage (6 kg) (for small breeds)
- Wolfsblut Grey Peak Small Breed (15 kg)
- Grandorf (3 kg) lambs with rice mini
- Royal Canin for the health of the skin and wool of 2 kg (for small breeds)
- Folk vote
- Recommendations for feeding miniature dogs
- What vitamins are needed when feeding small dogs of dogs
- How to feed the puppies of dogs of small breeds
- If a miniature dog has digestive problems due to food
- Nutrian diet of a pregnant miniature dog