Is python dust safe for dogs?

February 7, 2023
Is python dust safe for dogs?

Various means to eliminate pollution in the house contain a large number of chemicals. If chemicals remove old spots and rust, then it is not difficult to guess what effect occurs on the human body and pets.

The chemical industry, developing and producing a colossal amount of detergents and cleaning products, adds specific components in its compositions. Household chemicals are not limited exclusively by washing powders or gels. For pets, much more dangerous are detergents for windows, various bleaching, and carpet care products and laminate.

The greatest danger to the animal’s body lies in sprays and aerosols. From exposure to household chemicals, the skin and respiratory tract are primarily suffered. Inhalation of vapors of certain chemicals from household agents can cause the development of brain diseases.

In addition to allergic reactions in dogs, household chemicals can provoke the development of bronchial asthma or suffocation.

Danger of household chemicals for dogs

There are chemicals that show their activity as soon as they fall on the mucous membranes or skin. But among chemical compounds there are those that do not show their activity for a long time, gradually accumulate in the body and lead to the development of dangerous pathological changes.

It is important to understand that if the pet has allergic reactions to one of the means used, it is necessary to cancel its use, as this can cause the development of more serious pathologies.

Lower washing products contain dangerous superficially active substances, as well as various aromatic fragrances, whitening and enzymes. The greatest danger of surfactants (superficial active substances) is represented for the skin. A pets may have an allergic rash.

Air fresheners are dangerous because they contain formaldehydes and phenols. A large number of dispersions inhaled by an animal can cause convulsive phenomena, up to the death of a dog. Air fresheners do not purify the air, but only fill it with fragrances that harm the nasal receptors of dogs. Over time, a pet can completely lose its sense of smell, ceasing to smell.

Dangerous for the body of pets and means designed to combat mold fungibstances in the composition of these funds – formaldehyde and sodium hypochlorite, provoke the development of edema of the pulmonary structures.

Means for cleaning bathrooms, furniture and windows, contain ammonia, which is dangerous for harmful effects on the mucous membranes of the eyes, respiratory tract and skin.

In household chemicals, chlorine has an aggressive effect, which can damage not only the skin, but also the respiratory tract. It is forbidden to mix products containing ammonia with chlorine-containing substancesch combinations can be fatal not only for pets, but also for humans.

Carpet cleaners are dangerous for dogs, as they contain perchlorethylene in addition to ammonium hydroxide. The components of carpet cleaners are harmful to the mucous membranes of the eyes and respiratory tract. When entering the body, substances have a negative effect on the hepatic structures, nervous and urinary systems.

Toilet cleaners containing hydrochloric acid or specific bleaches are also dangerous. The list of hazardous household chemicals includes antibacterial agents in the form of solid or liquid soap. The composition contains triclosan – a substance that penetrates the skin into the body and leads to disturbances in the liver.

In order to reduce the impact of household chemicals on the body of pets, it is recommended to follow some rules. So, cleaning products for cleaning the house, it is recommended to use as little as possible.

You can replace chemicals with folk remedies – soda or lemon juice.

During the purchase of household chemicals, the owner of the animal must carefully read the composition of the product, refusing to purchase if it contains hazardous chemical compounds or the presence of appropriate labels (dangerous for animals).

Symptoms of household chemical poisoning in dogs

Symptoms of poisoning by household chemicals in dogs may vary. It depends directly on the type of chemical reagent and the method of entering its body. The main signs of intoxication of the body with chemicals are:

  • Strong weakness;(the pet prefers to lie more);
  • When trying to walk, it is possible to violate the coordination of movements; and tremor in the limbs, both during movements and at rest;
  • General oppression, replaced by periods of excitement;, attacks of nausea and eruption of gastric contents.
Is python dust safe for dogs? But there

Is python dust safe for dogs?

Vomiting in a dog with poisoning is a frequent reaction that occurs to quickly remove chemical compounds from the body. This is necessary so that toxic substances do not suck into the blood. But there is no point in complete getting rid of toxins in the body in this way. In the dog when swallowing household chemical products, polydipsy (increased thirst) is also observed, which also occurs with severe vomiting against the background of dehydration.

This is a protective reaction of the body aimed at rapidly removing from the digestive tract of the contents so that the toxins do not have time to suck. This can alleviate the condition, but it will not work to completely get rid of the poison.

Strong intoxication of the body with household chemicals is often characterized by breathing problems. The dog breathes often and superficially, trying to breathe deeply. It is possible to increase the temperature indicators of the body, increase the pulse, the appearance of pain in the abdomen. The pet becomes oppressed, convulsions arise. In the absence of timely treatment, the animal with a high degree of probability may die.

What to do to the owner

Any intoxication of the dog’s body, regardless of that resulting from contact with household chemicals or when eating poisoned feed, requires immediate purpose of adequate therapy. When later contacting the veterinary clinic, the risks of death increase. In severe cases, poisoning begins to refuse internal organs, such as the liver and kidneys and to restore their functionality is quite difficult.

The independent prescription of drugs without prior consultation with a specialist can cause a deterioration in the condition and development of dangerous complications.

If the dog swallowed the chemical substance in front of the owner, it is necessary to cause vomiting and vomiting and rinse the stomach as soon as possible. You can cause eruption of gastric contents by a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Next, it is recommended to give one of the proposed adsorbents – white coal, smecta, polysorb.

If the chemical substance hit the dog’s hair, it is recommended to rinse carefully a pet under running water at home. It is not desirable to use shampoos or soap, since it is impossible to predict a chemical reaction that may occur. The animal inhabited by chemical evaporation needs to be taken out as soon as possible to fresh air or open in the room of the windows and doors, making through ventilation.

In the conditions of a veterinary clinic, the doctor will collect an anamnesis, and prescribe a number of studies to identify the type of chemical. To prevent dehydration of the body, intravenous injections of glucose and ringer solutions are prescribed. When vomiting in a dog, anti-rate agents (cerucal), anti-carrier products (lopeamid) are prescribed.

A mandatory treatment point is the gastric lavage. Enterosorbents are introduced that bind and remove chemical toxic components from the body. After the procedure, it is recommended that the animal is under the supervision of specialists for some time.

In order to prevent intoxication of the body by means of household chemicals, it is necessary to adhere to a number of rules. First of all, washing the floors, conducting generals, should be carried out in the absence of an animal in the house. All funds should be inaccessible to animals.

Due to the large flow of incoming questions, free veterinary consultations are temporarily suspended.


Samuel Carter author About Author