The educational process begins immediately after birth. Blind, helpless, he begins to educate a bitch-mother. She licks the puppies, teaching them firmly on his paws. In the future, this tactile effect becomes the equivalent of affection. If a divorced child crosses some boundaries, his mother pulls him. At first, a dissatisfied exclamation, then, if necessary, can shake it by the scruff. These are the very first steps in education.
Bringing the puppy home, you will have to replace the dairy mother, providing the puppy to educate yourself. You need to clearly define the rules of the hostel in your family. And follow them very, very consistently. From the very beginning, you need to explain the puppy that it is possible and what is impossible. For the baby 1. 5-2 months. The age remains familiar to the methods that the mother used. Instead of licking, you apply strokes, add voice communication and praise to this. If you need to do not encourage, but rather, pull it – you also need to do this in a voice. The intonation with affectionate to strict, a little louder changes. If the effect is not achieved, you can also shake the puppy behind the scruff. Caution, but sensitive.
Raising a puppy in a new house.
Deprivation of mother, brothers, sisters for the baby will be a real shock. And you will need to replace them all together – alone at once. It is not simple.
On the first night, you should not replace mom’s warmth with your bed. Of course, even the most convenient and soft rug will not replace it either. But here you need to show hardness. The rug can be temporarily moved to the place of your sleep – within an outstretched arm. Under the side the puppy on the first night can be placed a warm heating pad.
After the first vaccinations, the puppy should start walking. This will mean teaching him to the right toilet, to a leash and collar. There are separate articles on this techniques. From a very early age, the puppy should also be accustomed to feeling, examining the teeth, being in the hands of the owner. By 3 months, teeth inspection should not cause problems.
The education of the puppy and the initial training.
In addition, raising a puppy will include teaching him a nickname and basic commands. This will be the basis for future dog training. The first commands you will teach the pet yourself. You should start with a nickname. When the puppy gets used to it, start learning “Come / Come here” (at first at home, and then on walks) and ”No! ” (or “no”), “sit”. Most important. You will operate with them in the process of future education. They also teach the “Place” command from the first days, taking the puppy there, giving him treats, toys, encouraging him with his voice and gradually ensuring that he sleeps there all the time.
The puppy should be accustomed to the nickname and the command “Come / Come here” using feeding and playing. Later, you can teach the puppy to come and sit at the left leg with a treat and a leash when performing the “Come” command. If there is no confidence in the correctness of teaching commands, it is better to consult a specialist on how to do everything without the risk of making mistakes.
Remember: dog training requires only positive contact.
- It is strictly unacceptable to punish a puppy that came up to you at your command! Even if he did a good job of smoking before. If you want to DESERVELY punish – do not be too lazy to come up yourself.
- On the "place" the puppy is not punished. This is his refuge, no matter how wrong he may be in your eyes. He should be safe there.
- The puppy should not be punished with a leash or collar.
- When teaching not to take treats from strangers, it is unacceptable to ask someone to offer a treat to a puppy, but to hit him instead. It's a BABY! Such methods are applicable only to adult dogs! You can only ask to push the puppy away and hide the offered treat.
- The worst mistake would be to call the puppy with a treat, but when the puppy came up, do not give him a treat. So you can cross out weeks of hard training.
- The command ”No! ” Is pronounced in a sharp, distinct, stern voice. The command "Come / Come here" – on the contrary, affectionately! I repeat: if your pet has done something, you do not need to call him to you with this command. Because, coming up on command, he should receive encouragement from you. And in no case is not a punishment for a misdemeanor. This is a VERY important point that cannot be violated even once.
Raising a puppy for protective guard duty.
There are a number of features in education. It is necessary to take into account those features of the breed that are fixed by selection. This is aggression to other other dogs. This is an irreconcilable protection of family members on a walk. For security rocks – protection and protection of the house and their territory. In hunting breeds, interspecific aggression embedded in them can also cause problems. You can’t start punishing such dogs for what is specially laid in them. In general, when choosing a breed of your dog, you need to get acquainted with the features of this breed as much as possible. And decide whether this is suitable for you personally. Errors in such matters, as a rule, are very expensive.
The upbringing of a puppy of no confidence in outsiders.
At the age of 6-8 months, even in obviously aggressive breeds, puppies do not show anger or aggression, this appears later and such qualities cannot be educated ahead of time. Otherwise, you can get a cowardly dog or uncontrollably evil. The upbringing of the puppy involves at this age to focus on courage. The growing pet must learn that he has no reason to be afraid of any dogs or people, to be indifferent to them. You should try both to protect it from possible enemies, and develop confidence in it. If the dog is overly affectionate, outsiders should be asked to push it away, do not call it or caress it. If the pet manifests the elements of aggression, you need to restrain it in such manifestations, pull it, but not punish it. You can encourage only the obvious and obvious protection of the owner.
Any manifestations of aggression on the owner and family members should be stiffly stopped. He just showed his teeth-immediately a sensitive slap in the face. The owner must freely take food from the bowl during feeding. In the case of protest aggressive manifestations (growl, blooming tooth), the puppy immediately loses its food until the next feeding. Yes, give a little on the face. Do not "stroke", namely, sensitively slap.
You can not set a puppy on other animals or other people's dogs. The puppy should not begin to develop anger than the course of general obedience to the course of general obedience.
The behavioristic education of the puppy.
A number of zoopsychologists adhere to the methods of education without the use of punishments, completely denying their necessity. The views are controversial. They have a number of their arguments, supporters. In some cases, this can actually work. But not in allch experts recommend adhering to a number of rules. Their essence is not to punish, not to pull, not to raise your voice. The upbringing of a puppy should be provided only on encouragement, on games, treats, toys, communication. This trend has become fashionable and has gained a number of supporters. But the results are often deplorable.
- Whether such methods are suitable for your dog is to be determined by a specialist. In this case, he must write out an upbringing program "for all occasions. "And take a direct part in this.
- Fashionable humanistic methods are not suitable for everyone. This must be remembered. There are breeds and individuals that cannot be educated in this way – the results are sometimes even tragic.
- Personally, we are generally negative about this. Though it needs to be mentioned. It's like vegetarianism: for some, a tribute to fashion, for others, earnings… And the benefits are very, very controversial. Still others resort to this simply out of their kindness and compassion, humanizing dogs. The qualities are excellent, but, alas, sometimes they interfere with the upbringing of animals with the initial inclinations of predators.
The concept of a behavioral model.
For this there are concepts of criterion, formation and purpose. A goal is the behavior you want to achieve. Shaping is the process of creating this behavioral pattern. Criteria are the signs by which you can judge at what stage of this process you are. Each session of training should be accompanied by reinforcement – negative or positive. Their rational combination is called variable reinforcement.
Raising and primary training of a puppy (Cane Corso, Labrador) – on Rutube video hosting.
The principles of education.
- Move from one criterion to another very gradually, do not strive to reach all the heights at once. Walk forward in small steps. Use reinforcement in a timely manner, do not deprive the puppy of the chance to receive encouragement during the training session.
- Focus on only one goal. Do not try to achieve several goals at the same time.
- Formation should be accompanied by the development of a sustainable result. Get the effect fixed before increasing the criterion. Raising a puppy is a constant repetition of the past.
- Adding new tasks (criteria, aspects), the previous ones should be temporarily weakened. But do not refuse to completely repetition of the passed.
- Make an approximate formation plan, ahead of schedule. If your pet will quickly master the commands, you will know what to do next.
- You cannot change a specialist during the formation process. If there are several of them, everyone should achieve one of his own goal. The upbringing of the puppy should not proceed according to the type of “swan, cancer and pike”.
- If the method of formation is ineffective, resort to another. There are many methods, as well as specialists practicing.
- You can not interrupt the education or training session without positive reinforcement. The upbringing of a puppy should be based on positive emotions.
- If at some stage the deterioration of the results is noticed, you should return back to one step. To do this, as it were, at an earlier stage. At the same time, quickly go through and repeat the past.
Psychophysiological moments of the education of a puppy.
- The purpose of education is to develop general and game activity, cheerfulness and good life tone. For official breeds, this is also incredulity to a stranger, controlled anger. Or the development of other pedigree features necessary in the future. Depending on the planned use.
- The education of the puppy should help properly psychophysical development. Normal growth and work of the senses.
- It is undesirable to educate, and indeed, to contain puppies of different ages and different breeds together. Given the difference in educational requirements, inevitable competition and dominant aspirations.
- You can’t leave the puppy alone for a long time. The upbringing of the puppy should be accompanied by the gameplay. This will help to develop the speed of reaction and movements, mental development. General motor activity is a necessary basis for the formation of a backbone.
- Proper nutrition is an important aspect of the education of a puppy. Harmful overfing, and a chair should also be controlled. By his state, one can judge well-being – this will affect the training process.
- The upbringing of the puppy takes place in constant communication with the master – the teacher. The puppy will learn to understand the intonation, the meaning of individual words and phrases, contact and trust will be given. But we must not forget about the needs of the puppy in a daytime – it is unacceptable to prevent this.
- The educational process is incompatible with excessively loud shouts and, especially, blows.
The education of the puppy and negative reinforcement.
The upbringing of the puppy is accompanied not only by encouragement. For many owners, it is tending to scold a dog for and without reason. But these methods, Although they are needed, also do not always work. Therefore, there are a number of reasons why this may not work.
How to scold the puppy.
The dog does not understand the meaning of your arbitrary speech. She has an understanding of individual words, some familiar phrases, a number of learned commands. And from your emotional tirade, only the meaning of angry intonation will reach it. Therefore, she will not understand what you are “barking” about. Often you can achieve a fright. If you scold, then short, jerky phrases familiar to the dog. Actually, the scream should be exceptional phenomenon.
When you can not scold the puppy.
Frequent untimely swearing. Especially if you came home and found the results of the misconduct of your puppy. Scream, swearing – the puppy will not understand, for what. His emotion will be the joy when meeting the owner – he will scold in response. The dog, of course, will lower the tail and eyes, rumor its paws, showing the signs of reconciliation and subordination with all its appearance. But not a confession of any guilt! Your anger in her eyes will be undeserved in any case. And of course, it will not protect you in the future from the repetition of the same misconduct. If you scold it, then only when you get a dog right at the crime scene, and immediately.
For which you cannot scold and punish.
The discrepancy between the punishment (abuse) by behavioral moments. If the dog jumps on the guest or barks at the noise outside the door, for example. Will her behavior correct an angry cry? Yes, never in life. The upbringing of a puppy and swearing, as a rule, are incompatible. You can temporarily suppress some gesture, just. After all, you need to understand why the dog does this. For example, protecting the home or enjoy guests is the same natural manifestations. Can a dog scold for such things? In no case. The result will soon be that the dog will completely stop reacting to your shout. At the same time, all your discontent will remain unrealized.
Anger can increase fear.
For some, your anger is like a goose of water. But there are more thin dog naturesch puppies you really risk applie a psycho-traumach pets are sometimes quite angry. The caused reaction of fear will have no educational effect. It will only spoil the dog’s psyche when repeating such an effect over and over againch dogs, instead of changing behavior, will prefer complete inaction, fearing the next reprimand.
Swearing can encourage bad habits.
If the gesture that you want to fight with a cry is caused by fear – you risk only aggravate everything, causing even greater fear. If you decide to yell on a dog who barks outside the window, your scream may be taken inadequately. As an connection to the bark of the dog, the expression of solidarity with it. The result will be completely opposite to your desire.
Thus, swearing and screaming are generally “not the same” methods. The education of the puppy requires great patience. Anyway – any negative reinforcement should be very appropriate for misconduct. This cannot be abused. And always react not to manifestations, but to look for their causes, and think about how to change them.
And also important: the punishment is unacceptable some time after the misconduct – only right away. Otherwise, the baby simply will not understand why – and this will no longer be a punishment, but undeserved resentment, and will not have any educational effect. They missed the time – do not punish, even in a voice, no matter how you want.
The education of the puppy and positive reinforcement.
What is a spoiled dog.
Most often, the so-called dogs with formed bad habits. For example, the lack of obedience, excessive intelligibility in food, beggars, caring passers-by. But most often these are those dogs that were incorrectly punished: untimely, inconsistent. Example: the dog bites shoes. Once I dragged, twisted two – the owner suffers. Slippers bit – okay, survive. But here I got to the weekend shoes… That's it. They are not subject to restoration. And then patience burst. Punishment may even be cruel! A familiar script? Approximately understanding the chain of actions and response to them? What did the owner do to the shoes? With all his might, he indulged the dog. I made it clear that it is possible. And in the end – what was it for? The puppy does not understand why it was possible before, but now not. He will not see the difference between new shoes and old slippers. Both those and others smell of your favorite owner! And for some reason his beloved owner sole and in the face…. Here is an example of inconsistency, untimely, and even the inadequacy of punishment. As a result, the behavior of the puppy can only worsen.
How not to spoil the dog.
That is, how not to create prerequisites for the occurrence of problems with behavior.
- Do not forget about the importance of the timely socialization of the puppy (separate article).
- The education of a puppy is also health control. A common cause of behavioral problems is health problems. For example, uncleanness, coprophagy, some types of aggression.
- Provide those freedoms of the dog that should be in her home. The so-called "5 freedoms. "This is freedom from:
- Thirst and hunger.
- Discomfort (personal place or booth, restriction from children's harassment).
- Injuries and diseases.
- Grief and suffering. Contact with the owner, communication with him and family members based on kindness, trust. Attention to each other, mutual love.
- To realize your behavior typical of your breed. Hunting for hunting breeds, security for security guards, etc. In addition, the dog needs walks, communication with relatives, games, classes, sports, training, and so on.
From a dog living in abnormal conditions, normal behavior cannot be expected.
- Enter the rules understandable to the dog and feasible for her. Get their execution constantly without making exceptions. What is allowed should always be allowed. And vice versa. Predictability is needed.
- In your opinion, the correct behavior needs to be taught. You need to learn how to explain the pet what and when it is possible and what is not. Not screaming and abuse. And the creation of proper motivation taking into account the influence of causal factors. If you do not succeed or you still do not know how – do not spoil the dog. Contact a specialist.
- Unacceptable cruelty in learning. Punishment is the method of influence in extreme cases. Try to operate only with humane methods. Any deviations from such techniques are available only to specialists. Methods such as mechanical or contrasting are permissible. But only a specialist can teach them.
- Cleaning feeding mode is important. 5-10 minutes after the supply of food, the bowl is removed. Regardless of her emptiness.
- Do not abuse caresses. Stiring, treat, and indeed encouragement, the dog should earn. And realize it.
Examples of provocation of "bad" actions.
Often we ourselves provoke dogs to such behavior that we try to fix it. Without realizing your mistakes. The upbringing of the puppy turns into something opposite.
- When leaving the house, we begin to calm the pet, stroking it, wreck, sigh and wind ourselves and him. What do we cause? We aggravate the bitterness of parting, anxiety. Then we think what to do if the dog begins to howl alone.
- Having come home from work, you need to get an urgent dog to do your own business. How do you do this? Fussily, in a hurry, excitingly saying and lamenting. The dog is already excited by your arrival, but here it is. Transmitted immediately. Soon you will scold her and pull her when she will always be overexcited at your arrival. He will bark, grab you by the clothes, take you out of the door to the street for a leash, like a bulldozer. Swimming squinting to the wall of the entrance of the neighbors.
- On a walk, your dog carries someone else's dog on a stretched leash. What are we doing? We begin to calm, stroking, saying that there is a good dog. The word "good" is familiar to everyone. This is encouragement. Plus a soothing affectionate voice and stroking. What are we doing? We encourage this behavior. Soon, our dog, realizing that this is good, will be posted at all in a row.
- Or in the same situation, we begin to swear and raise our voice. Your pet will perceive this unequivocally. So you bark at the enemy together. And the result will be the same as in the previous example. Here you have the upbringing of a puppy.
The upbringing of a puppy is a difficult task and requiring a number of skills and patience. The sooner it begins, the better the effect. The entire subsequent training of the puppy depends on his success. And of course, it is also impossible to neglect the help of a specialist. After all, spoiling the puppy is very simple, but to correct is many times more difficult.
- Raising a puppy in a new house.
- The education of the puppy and the initial training.
- Remember: dog training requires only positive contact.
- Error examples:
- Raising a puppy for protective guard duty.
- The upbringing of a puppy of no confidence in outsiders.
- The behavioristic education of the puppy.
- The concept of a behavioral model.
- The principles of education.
- Psychophysiological moments of the education of a puppy.
- How to scold the puppy.
- When you can not scold the puppy.
- For which you cannot scold and punish.
- Anger can increase fear.
- Swearing can encourage bad habits.
- What is a spoiled dog.
- How not to spoil the dog.
- Examples of provocation of "bad" actions.