Some owners have to deal with the digestive problem in a pet, when some products causes food allergies or symptoms of acute intolerance. For such dogs, special food has been created with easily absorbed components, without allergens, which avoids flatulence, diarrhea and other clinical symptoms of the gastrointestinal tract.
In the article, we will consider nutrition of dogs with sensitive digestion, which is allowed and forbidden to give a dog from home nutrition, which feed is the most suitable for the diet.
What are the characteristics of digestion in dogs?
The digestive tract in dogs has some features and is characterized by a high content of hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Acid kills harmful bacteria and helps the stomach to digest food.
The gastrointestinal tract of the animal is adapted to process animal proteins, bones and fat. But any product with plant protein can cause various disorders. This is due to the difficulties of digesting carbohydrates, which not only slow down the process of metabolism, but also cause digestive problems. The dog may have symptoms of irritation of the stomach and intestines, severe cramps, bloating, diarrhea, etc. Prolonged use of products with a large content of carbohydrates is fraught with dangerous health consequences.
How to determine the sensitivity of digestion in a pet?
Against the background of malnutrition, the dog has various disorders of the digestive tract.
You can determine the sensitivity of digestion in a pet by clinical signs:
- Violation of defecation (constipation or diarrhea);
- Liquid chair with impurities of mucus and blood;
- Constant discharge from the nose;
- Unpleasant smell of mouth.
Common diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in dogs:
- Acute, chronic gastritis;
How to check the stomach of a dog?
If the pet regularly has clinical signs of violation of the digestive tract, you must contact the veterinarian. In the veterinary clinic, the dog will take tests and conduct diagnostic procedures, according to the results of which a diagnosis will be established. A qualified doctor will draw up a treatment regimen and give the owner recommendations for organizing proper nutrition for the animal.
What is the diet food for dogs with sensitive stomachs?
The actual question for many breeders is the selection of a dietary diet for dogs with a sensitive gastrointestinal tract. Proper nutrition will help the animal get better faster and will not harm health.
- It is strictly forbidden to forcibly feed the pet in the first days of exacerbation of diseases of the digestive organs. If the dog refuses to eat, it is necessary to consult a veterinarian who will prescribe special solutions for injection, containing the necessary vitamins and minerals. If the dog shows a little interest in food, dietary nutrition is selected and served in small portions.
- In the first weeks after the end of treatment, the dog is contraindicated in coarse food, which can provoke relapse.
- In the treatment and preventive course, it is recommended to give a pet probiotics selected by the veterinarian. They contribute to the speedy restoration of the digestive system.
- To prevent dehydration of the body, the dog needs to drink a lot. Do not give raw water from the tap. It is better to pour boiled water at room temperature into the drinker.
- In no case should the dog give harmful foods and experiment with new feeds during the exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases.
What homemade food can be prepared for a dog with a stomach problem?
To maintain a healthy digestive system, it is necessary to organize a correct dietary diet based on useful and easily digestible products.
Many veterinarians do not advise feeding a dog with a digestive disorder of dishes from their table. If the dog is accustomed to natural food, some dietary products that will not harm the body of a sick animal can be introduced into the diet. In the first days of recovery, you can prepare rice with boiled chicken or rabbit. On 3-4 days, if the condition of the dog is stable, you can give a little sea fish (low-fat, boiled).
Gradually, the diet of a recovering pet expands, different varieties of low-fat meat, offal, chicken yolk, some types of vegetables, kefir are added.
Under a strict prohibition:
- Dishes from their table (the dog is prepared separately, without salt and spices);
- Barley, barley and other cereal crops;
You can not mix home-made food with ready-made feeds and overfeed the pet. After each feeding, inuded residues of food are removed from the bowl. Dogs are fed exclusively freshly prepared food.
What brands make food for dogs with sensitive digestion?
Sensitive digestion in a dog is not always a sign of gastrointestinal disease. This may be due to some features of the body. In such cases, the owner is advised to consider feeding a special medicated diet designed for dogs with sensitive digestive systems. They contain all the substances necessary for the body, provide a healthy state of the pet and a well-groomed appearance.
Popular foods for dogs with sensitive digestion:
- Purina Pro Plan medium is an easily digestible dry dog food with a balanced composition of nutrients that maintain the balance of the intestinal microflora.
- 1st CHOICE GRAIN FREE is the perfect adapted food for small breed dogs.
- Farmina N& D DOG QUINOA DIGESTION LAMB – for adult dogs of all breeds.
- Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal – low fat food.
- Clan CLASSIC SENSITIVE – food with a complete composition of vitamins, minerals and antioxidant components.
- Hill’S SCIENCE PLAN SENSITIVE SKIN & STOMACH – Balanced formula with high quality selected ingredients.
An excellent choice of diet food for dogs of different breeds with sensitive digestion is offered by the largest American network of pet stores “Le’Murrr”. The catalog contains products of excellent quality from the best world manufacturers. The prices are affordable. Prompt dispatch of orders to points of issue and by courier in Boston and the Leningrad region.
How to diet a dog with digestive problems?
Dogs with digestive problems are recommended to be transferred to therapeutic (dietary) food. If the owner has accustomed the pet to natural food, feeding difficulties may arise, since a dog that is used to fully eating different foods without restrictions may show character and refuse dietary meals.
A simple solution would be to transfer the pet to ready-made diet food. They contain all the necessary and easily digestible components that ensure the healthy functioning of the digestive tract. Dry dog food manufacturers, taking into account the taste preferences of pets, create mouth-watering mixtures that no dog can resist. In addition, a wide range of food with different ingredients is available to the buyer, which allows you to choose a product with your favorite tastes for your pet.
In order for dietary food to industrial food to the benefit for the dog, choose high-quality products with a balanced natural composition from trusted manufacturers. You can buy food for dogs with sensitive digestion online by placing an order on the Le’Murrr website.