Chappi – Veterinarian reviews of wet and dry dog food, with advice on what’s right for your dog.
The fact that pets should not be fed food prepared for people, not everyone knows. Such food can have a bad impact on the digestive system of the pet, on its overall health and lead to serious health problems.
When owners have no time to prepare food for their pet, they begin to think about replacing the natural diet with special dog food. The final choice should be made after a detailed acquaintance with modern pet products and after hearing the opinion of a specialist.
About the manufacturer Chappi
Mars, an international company, is involved in the production of Chappi dog food. The company has many facilities on all continents, sometimes this fact is reflected in the quality of the product.
Food brand “Chappi” is in demand and popular among pet foods. This brand produces economy class products and the price of “Chappy” dog food is not high, which makes it inexpensive and affordable for owners.
The quality of ingredients is not high, so this line of food is designed for four-legged friends of different ages and breeds who do not suffer from serious diseases.
The basic composition of Chappi food
Before drawing conclusions about the benefits of switching your pet to dog food, you should carefully study the composition.
Minerals, animal fat, brewer’s yeast, corn gluten, carrots, soy protein, grains, vitamins C, D and B12, sunflower oil, alfalfa, fiber and minerals help to balance the diet and supplementation.
10 Vet Recommended Dog Food Brands (That are Inexpensive) (2022)
The percentage of meat content is 15%. The total calories per 100 grams of the product amount to 350 kcal, which provides the pet with the necessary energy. The composition of “Chappy” food for dogs is not much different from other economy food.
Pros and cons of Chappi
To choose the best pet Chewy food with the optimal composition, you should consult a veterinarian.
A specialist will calculate the dosage of Chappi food for dogs to avoid overeating and allergic reactions.
- Affordable price.
- The absence of product shortages.
- The food is made in the form of pate and pellets.
- Balanced composition.
- Packaging of different volumes.
- No information about cereal crops in the composition.
- Preservatives and chemicals.
- Vitamins, macro and micronutrients are contained in a small amount.
Daily food allowance for dogs
The weight of your dog is important in calculating the correct daily food allowance, so you need to know how much he weighs. The portion size also depends on the age and whether the pet is active or passive. An active pet should have a slightly larger portion size.
charlie dog food & chappi – veterinarian reviews
As previously written, the main indicator is the weight of the dog.
The package shows the average data for calculating the portion per day:
- 175 g – animals up to 10 kg;
- 350 gr – from 10 to 25 kg;
- 500 gr – from 25 to 40 kg;
- 680 gr – from 60 kg.
The dosage prescribed on the package should be divided into several meals. An outdoor animal with a more active lifestyle should increase the amount of food by up to 40%.
Chappies come in two varieties: dry and wet. The difference lies not only in its form, but also in its composition.
The best-selling dry food. Containing the required amount of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and vitamin complex.
Available in masses from 600 gr and up to 15 kg.
- “Beef at home”. Medium croquettes of dry food suitable for adult pets of different breeds. The presence of cereals, meat and by-products, vegetable oils, carrots, alfalfa, as well as the protein content (18 g) allows you to maintain and preserve the muscle mass of an active dog.
- “Meat Abundance with Vegetables and Herbs.” The balanced composition of the food can be ideal in the daily diet of adults and puppies. In addition to cereals, meat components, natural fibers (carrots, alfalfa), the composition includes minerals and vitamins, which are necessary for the musculoskeletal system of the animal. One more advantage of the dry food Chewy “Chappy”: thanks to the dense structure of the pellets it is possible to prevent plaque and tartar.
Keep in mind that wet food is not recommended as a basic diet for large breeds, for large pets it is better to use it as a treat.
Puppies and small breeds, on the other hand, are fine with it.
- “Home Beef. There are no additives or preservatives in the canned food. The pleasant aroma and small pieces of meat from chicken, beef and meat by-products, will not leave any pet indifferent. One serving contains protein (6 g). Vitamin A, E and selenium in the canned food will help to regulate the metabolism.
- “Meat Abundance. Chemical components and genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are not in the meat pate, which makes it safe for the health of the dog. The main components include meat by-products, grains and vitamins, which make it nutritious and healthy. This pate is recommended to be fed to small dogs and puppies. The total calories support the physical apparatus of the animal, preventing obesity.
- “Appetizing Chicken. This liquid food is low in calories and perfectly balanced for pets if they are allergic to fish or beef. No harmful additives or flavorings are used in the making of Appetite Chicken. The content of chicken meat, cereals, and a whole complex of vitamins is well absorbed by the dog’s body. In all the necessary daily macro and micronutrients the pet can get from a portion of the pate.
Overall, the food “Chappy” is not bad and its price policy suits many buyers.
But it should be noted that “Chappy” is more suitable for young animals with no particular health problems than for old and weak animals.
The loving owner should first of all study the opinions of experts about transferring the dog to a special food. Carefully study all the pros and cons when using the food.