Care, content and question – how to feed Shar Peis – relevant topics for beginners. After all, here you need to build on not only from the features of the breed, but also observe the regime, to know which products is better to abandon. For breeders, preparing natural food for dogs is a rather troublesome process, so they usually feed Shar Pei with ready-made dry mixtures.
What foods are suitable for Shar Pei dogs?
Dog owners in order to avoid problems, it is easier to choose for Shar Pei a suitable product in a pet storech nutrition is hypoallergenic, it already includes the necessary elements, vitamins. Many veterinarians recommend food for both puppies and adults. But when choosing, it is necessary to take into account indicators such as:
- The amount of protein in the product (21-26%), fat (11%).
The composition should include:
- Whole grain.
- Among the components there should be no food allergens.
Artificial preservatives of VNA, VNT, ETOXYKVIN are considered harmful, cause a histamine reaction. It is better to give preference to tocopherols with vitamins C, E.
Many diets do not justify the price, are not suitable for Shar Pei.
Super premium Dog Food for Shar Pei
The composition includes foods such as meat, fish, plant fibers. This line is intended for dogs with various health deviations.
- Go Natural Grain Free Enduraance. The main products are meat, fish. Additional – cottage cheese, vegetables, chicory, linseed oil. Price from $60 to $80
- Happy Dog Supreme Junior, H. D. S. Fit & Well. The product is rich in amino acids. The components strengthen the dog’s immunity, improve the condition of the skin and coat of Shar Pei. The cost is $45
- Orijen. Half of the composition of the heart, liver, udder, tongue, vegetables, fruits, vitamin complex. The price is from $80
Premium class nutrition for Shar Pei
Such feeds are 30% consist of offal. They are easily absorbed by the organism of Shar Pei. They added an amplifier of taste.
- Canidae. The product is enriched with protein and amino acids. It includes rice, vegetable mixture, fruits, medicinal plants. The price is from $60
- Nutra Gold. The product is good for maintaining health and the physical shape of the dog. The cost is from $60
- Pro Plan. Price from $60
Economy class dog food for Shar Pei
Such products have low quality. Meat-bone flour, cereals, soybeans were added to it.
- Royal Canin. The food can provoke allergies with Shar Pei. Price for 12 kg $50
- Hill’s. The product consists entirely of meat flour, cereals and soybeans. The cost is from $50.
- Oscar. Economic Class line. Taster amplifiers, substitutes are added to the food. The price of the product ranges from $20
“Drying” that is not recommended to stuff the animal:
10 Things Only Shar Pei Dog Owners Understand
Conscientious manufacturers on the packaging of the product print complete information about the composition.
Is natural nutrition suitable for Shar Pei?
Natural nutrition for dogs is prepared at home natural conditions.
It is advisable to use products such as:
- Meat, liver, scar, heart (give Shar Pei in raw form);
- Boiled or stewed fish with low fat (without bones);
- Milk (only puppies up to six months). Adults are allowed to give kefir, yogurt, yogurt, cottage cheese;
- Raw quail egg along with a crushed shell of 2 pcs. Two times a week;
- Garnish from buckwheat, rice, Hercules. With problems with the weight of Shar Pei – pearl barley;
- Cabbage, pumpkin, salad, greens, carrots, turnips, broccoli, zucchini;
- Sunflower, linseed, olive oil (as a seasoning);
- Fish oil, beer yeast, vitamins.
You can’t feed dogs from the table.
The percentage ratio of products in the Shar Pei diet.
|Meat and fish||50%|
|Vegetables and fruits||20%|
What foods are prohibited for Shar Peis?
The use of naturalness will affect the health of Shar Pei well if his owner complies with all the rules of his diet. Also, in order to avoid allergic manifestations, problems with the digestive system in a dog, it is advisable to carefully monitor the quality of food.
It is forbidden to give Shar Peis such ingredients:
- Animal oil, milk;
- Vermichel, corn porridge, semolina;
- Bones, lard, fatty types of meat, sausage;
- Caviar, freshwater fish;
- Beans, beans, peas, beets;
- Smoked meats, pickled, salty, fried products;
- Sweets, bread;
- Chocolate, sugar, bee honey;
- Cherry, citrus fruits, grapes.
Rules for feeding Shar Peis
Almost all experienced dog breeders adhere to one scheme.
They tear off the puppy of the Shar Pei from the mother’s chest and begin to feed from one month.
On the 60 day, the baby is already put up for sale. After the purchase of the dog, the owner for some time should save the diet that the breeder used. Then the Shar Pei puppy is gradually accustomed to ordinary food, adding a new product in small quantities to the dog’s dish.
The volume of animal food directly depends on its weight (at least 5% per 1 kg). Until the fourth month, the animal is already accustomed to meat, cabbage, carrots, greens. During this period, the Shar Pei puppy is fed 5 times a day.
From the fifth, they begin to add fermented milk products, cottage cheese to Shar Pei food. Now the number of receptions is reduced to four times a day.
From the sixth month to the 8th, you can already switch to two or three meals a day for the dog. Due to the development of lactose intolerance in Shar Pei, milk should be excluded.
From the age of 1, the dog is transferred to the adult mode (feeding in the morning and in the evening).
How often do Shar-Pei get sick?
Table with common symptoms in dogs:
|Signs of disease in Shar Pei||Causes|
|Presence of tartar||The owner does not clean the dog’s teeth in a timely manner and does not seek medical help at the veterinary clinic|
|Lacrimation, suppuration||No proper eye care|
|Bad smell from the ears||Otitis|
|Skin itching||Perhaps the dog picked up ticks, lichen, etc.|
|Dog chewing paws||This is a feature of the breed.|
|Constipation, diarrhea, incontinence||Overfeeding, use of expired products in the diet|
|Lethargy, hyperactive states||The presence of any disease, excess energy|
Also, the breed is prone to pathologies that can be found in humans:
- Urolithiasis dysfunction;
- Kidney failure;
- Diseases of the joints and bones;
- Dermatosis, hair loss;
- Heart failure.
When it comes to nourishing your Shar Pei, it’s crucial to opt for a premium quality dog food that caters to their nutritional requirements. As Shar-Peis are susceptible to specific health concerns, such as skin irritations and joint disorders, it’s essential to choose dog food that contains ingredients that promote their overall well-being.
You should search for dog food that comprises top-quality proteins, such as chicken or fish, and healthy fats, such as salmon oil, to maintain their skin and fur in good condition.
Moreover, food products that contain glucosamine and chondroitin may assist in supporting joint health. It’s always advisable to consult with your veterinarian to identify the most appropriate dog food for your Shar Pei’s specific needs. By providing your Shar Pei with the right dog food, you can ensure that they receive the necessary nutrients to thrive and live a healthy life.