Have you ever had allergy issues with a furry companion? Have you tried various pet food brands? And you still don’t know how to get rid of those irritants then you need to read our review. Here we will explain what affordable hypoallergenic dog food brands your pet just would love to eat. Besides that, we have carefully seen into irritant free pet foods from well-known manufacturers and are ready to advise you on that.
How to pick top non-allergenic pet supply?
At the beginning, let’s look at elements that used in the non-allergenic foods and their brand names. And then what would be the difference between them?
It is essential to know that all the pet foods are not the same. Some of them are not that healthy as the other ones, even though they cause no harm to pet-companions. Hence, we would like to point out the key elements that the quality dog food needs to have:
- Non-allergenic pet foods are gluten free. All cereal fragments have some glutens except buckwheat. Rice includes a little of it. For this reason, the food makers use the main elements such as buckwheat or sweet potatoes to produce the hypoallergenic pet meal. They should never use for the food manufacturing corn or soy, still, lots of pet food makers use them as the main components. Wheat, barley and rye include all the glutens. Therefore, if there are some people who feed their pets homemade food, they need to exclude from their diet irritants we mentioned beyond.
- In addition, the non-allergenic food is typically low on the protein and carbohydrate. Often, they do not carry chicken eggs and some dairy products. However, the non-allergenic food makers use as a main components fish, lamb, duck and turkey. They replace wheat and corn with berries and fruits. At the same time, it is important here to maintain the balance between proteins and fats. The perfect proportion would be about 20% of the proteins and 10% of the fats. But the proportion may very depend on the pet food maker.
- Besides the food components, the taste and other elements are extremely important for the hypoallergenic meal. After all, the pets may not like both sea fish and rabbit meat. Thus, when you have been picking the feeding for the pets that have allergies, don’t rush to buy large packaging. Try to stay with a small one to be sure that the pet-companion likes that.
What are the best hypoallergenic dog food brands?
While you shop in supermarkets you perhaps have seen lots of pet supply on the shelves from various brands offering their products. The more pet supply they offer the harder to decide on the right choice for you. However, before you start giving the dog the hypoallergenic meal, you should first talk to a vet. The one will help you select the right non-allergenic nutrition for the pet. To make that easy for you we have made a review. It includes the first-rate affordable hypoallergenic dog food brands supply and highlights their strengths and weaknesses.
The top pet food from Royal Canin
1. Non-allergenic Royal Canin dog food
For a start, let’s take a closer look at Royal Canin trademark. The headquarters of this food producer is in France. Besides that, it is now one of the most recognizable pet foods on the market.
- The pros are availability, popularity, product variety, and so on.
- Even though, there are some cons like ingredients discrepancies and by products quality may depend from a country of the Royal Canin food producer.
For example, here is a hypoallergenic pet meal:
Royal Canin HP Hypoallergenic
- Hydrolyzed soy protein will not irritate a digestion system
- Rice and minerals are easy for the pet’s digestion
- Enhanced omega III fatty acids for good skin & coat luster
- Before use consult with a vet
2. Hypoallergenic dry dog food from Purina reviews
For one thing, let’s say a few reviews about the company itself. Purina is another big leader in the pet supply market. They have been producing a good quality food for pets at diverse ages. Besides that, there are several food lines for puppies, adult pets, etc., including the non-allergenic foods. Check out a few tips for choosing between dry or wet foods. Next, let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of the brand:
- Pet supply variety, taste solutions and specialized lines
- Reliability and excellent reputation, years of experience
- Affordable prices for the pet products
- Easy to use packaging
- Hard to choose the right product
- Dog may not like the food’s taste, depends from a breed
For example, here is a non-allergenic product:
Purina HA Hydrolyzed
- Balanced food for the puppies and adult pets
- Good for pets that have allergic gastroenteritis and inflammatory bowel diseases
- Good for digestibility of dogs as has a single source for hydrolyzed protein
- Made and cooked in the USA
3. Homemade hypoallergenic meal for dogs
As we all know there are no perfect recipes to cook homemade food for the pets. Therefore, it is essential to know the needs of a precise dog and follow the instructions from the vet. In the most cases, the gluten that is in the food might cause the allergy.
So, where is it? All cereal fragments contain the glutens except the buckwheat. In other words, semolina, wheat, barley, grain, and oatmeal have the glutens. As we have mentioned above, the rice and corn have some of it.
Moreover, all sausage and kielbasa products have the gluten as well. The producers add it to keep the meat goods much juicier. Besides that, canned foods, cream cheeses, all kinds of sauces and ketchups, crab sticks, candies, and bouillon cubes hold the glutens. Let’s summarize all that information and we have concluded that it is not safe and sound to feed the pets those products. Likewise, you need be careful with red vegetables, fruits, eggs, some meat, and dairy products. It is obvious that the digestion system of the pets cannot handle milk proteins. So, it better not too often feed your pets fermented milk.
Buying a non-allergenic food for pets at Petsmart
For sure you have seen Petsmart shops in your town. What can you pick and buy in there?
Of course, Petsmart would offer all the pet supply we have mentioned over. Moreover, if they don’t have something you need in the stock, they can order that for you. They also offer special vitamins, dietary supplements, various minerals and more. We recommend you always check the expiration date and packaging of any product you buy in there. If you get some questions the rep assistants always will help you with that. However, if you pet-companion has some allergy you need to talk to your vet. Sometimes, many dogs may be picky about their food, so buy a small package to try the feed.
Big variety of a hypoallergenic pet food at Walmart
Any Walmart store offers a huge selection of the pet supply. The most popular brands sell their products like pet food, toys, hygiene items, accessories, etc. But it may happen that they don’t carry some pet foods you want to buy, so you just need to go to a local pet shop.
The non-allergenic dog food brands are special for all kinds of animals that get the allergies from certain food supply. Furthemore, same as people the dogs may have allergy to the foods and other irritants. That could happen due to bad ecology and loose quality of the food. The allergy makes us to feed our pet-companions assorted pet foods that bear hearty ingredients and cause no harm. Therefore, the hypoallergenic dog food is an exquisite substitution for regular foods that may irritate the animals’ digestion system.